The Firmwide Chief Data Office (CDO) and the Firmwide Data Management (FDM) Leadership Team is responsible for the Firmwide Data Management framework, Data Integration Strategy, Data Network Architecture focused on data lineage, data quality management, Reference Data Operations as well as overall data governance, oversight and operational support for the Firmwide Data Glossary (aka Data Glossary).
The Data Glossary Asset Curation Lead will be responsible for the quality & consistency of the Critical Data Elements (CDE) and related assets defined in Data Glossary.
The individual will be responsible for the curation process as part of the Intake & Prioritization operating model, which involves matching requested terms to governed terms in Data Glossary, reviewing requested terms to ensure completeness of description and validating the proposed data domains identified for defining the CDEs.
The individual will also be responsible for the CDE naming & definition standards adopted for Data Glossary and for ensuring that CDEs defined in Data Glossary are consistent with the guidelines adopted for the business terms in Data Glossary. The individual will report directly to the executive managing Firmwide Data Glossary Operations.
- Work with the Data Glossary executives responsible for Firmwide Data Management, Chief Data Officers (CDO), Critical Business Initiative project teams, and stakeholders to plan, coordinate, monitor and assist in defining CDEs to support Critical Business Initiatives (CBI);
- Execute the Firmwide Data Glossary Intake process leveraging the Firmwide Data Management Data Domain structure;
- Manage the asset curation processes to drive consistency and quality of assets under management across all data domains in the Data Glossary;
- Work with the Data Glossary executives to maintain the Firmwide Data Management Domain Structure and engage stakeholders and Data Management executives to address gaps in the domain structure;
- Monitor & manage the Data Glossary content to ensure consistency of business terms defined in Data Glossary and consistency of terms governed by the data domains;
- Coordinate with the Data Glossary Operations Intake & Domain Support team to ensure that the terms identified for critical business initiatives get prioritized and defined in a timely manner;
- Facilitate Advisory Forums to review new guidelines and to discuss CDE related issues with the extended Data Domain community involving Information Architects and Data Glossary Design team responsible for implementing new functionality;
- Prepare & roll-out training on best practices for defining business terms in Data Glossary to the Data Domain community;
- Manage the work queue for requests from data domain teams to have defined business terms reviewed;
- Participate in identifying enhancements and new requirements for Data Glossary and other Data Governance platforms that support publishing the content of the Data Glossary.
- Partner with the Data Glossary Design team to review & revise operating model procedures impacting Data Glossary asset management on a need basis;
- Identify risk & bottlenecks that impact milestone dates and escalate in a timely manner;
- Participate in Data Governance Forum meetings to share Data Glossary naming & definition standards & guideline updates and to take feedback from the Data Domain community
- Coordinate with Data Glossary Production Support team to address any environment availability issues or defects that negatively impact usability and project deliverables
- Participate in identification and creation of new controls to ensure data integrity, contribute to process automation and streamlining operating procedures
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8-10+ years of related work experience
- At least 3 years of experience in data management functions in Financial Services industry
- Knowledge of specific LOB business processes, regulatory reporting, corporate finance or risk management is desirable
- Strong analytical and verbal/written communication skills
- Experience in Data Management practices and Data Governance including data dictionaries, metadata repositories, logical data models, data authority, data lineage, data quality & data issue management is highly desirable
- Demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills – including ability to anticipate, access and determine solution
- Strong relationship building skills, demonstrated consultative approach and influencing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a high pressure, agile work environment
- Solid work ethic and strong sense of ownership of end result. Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the data management and data governance field
- Strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
Req #: 180007542_1