Our client is seeking an experienced, highly motivate finance professional to join their global team in the capacity of Corporate Finance Accountant. The Corporate Finance business unit plans, tracks, analyzes and reports financial results, manages the company?s balance sheet, including funding, capital and investments oversees internal real estate needs drives acquisitions is responsible for financial controls and leads corporate strategy. The unit this role is aligned with is the Accounting and Business Unit Support (ABUS) team which supports each line of business while partnering with the various accounting shared-service teams and operational accounting COE?s. The ideal candidate will possess either Big 4 or mid-range public accounting experience within financial or securities industry experience, with a depth and breadth of knowledge of derivatives, structured products and hedge fund administration.
* Confirm that key processes are operating effectively and efficiently
*Reporting and communication requirements are satisfied on a timely basis
* Collaborate on reporting matters, control deficiencies, data errors, broken processes, and other similar issues are adequately documented.
* Assist and provide controller oversight and transaction support to Investment Portfolio business leaders.
* Oversee application of organizational accounting policies and internal control framework for both SEC and Regulatory reporting.
* Assist in oversight of the accounting for portfolios including hedge accounting, revenue recognition, OTTI, and classification and measurement.
* Provide transaction support by working closely with the trading desk and business leaders.
* Perform accounting research and partners with Accounting Policy functions to then provide advice on optimal structuring of transactions.
* Coordinate with operational accounting COE?s, Finance, and SEC and Regulatory Reporting.
Best Industry ? Banking, Financial Services
Best Department ? Accounting, Finance
Bachelor?s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related financial discipline is required. MBA or CPA designation is preferred.
5?8years of strong accounting or financial operations experience is required.
3 years of securities industry experience is required.
Public accounting experience is required.
Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities is required.
Ability to research and report on a variety of issues using problem solving skills
Ability to partner and collaborate regarding the analytic functions throughout the organization
Ability to work effectively in a team environment in a diverse corporate culture is required.
Knowledge of derivatives and structured products is required.
Knowledge of hedge fund administration is required.
Knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements surrounding SOX is required.
Knowledge of US GAAP financial statements or components preparation is required.
Strong functional knowledge of MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc.) is required.
Strong communications skills (i.e. verbal, written, interpersonal, presentation, etc.) are essential in this role.
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.