If you want to be a part of a place that provides nothing less than extraordinary compassionate care, then Adventist Health System is the place for you! We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Facilities Management Director position that will be based in our Supply Chain department. This position is based at our corporate office in Altamonte Springs, FL. This position provides the opportunity to provide vision, leadership, and standardization for facilities related to building maintenance, asset management, and biomedical services, acting as a liaison between Supply Chain, Supply Chain Shared Services, hospital facilities directors, and iSynergy. The scope includes identification, facilitation, and implementation of Supply Chain cost reduction/containment initiatives and operational improvements related to the use of PeopleSoft maintenance module and associated processes. This position will also facilitate sharing of best practices, facilitate consistent implementation of state and federal or Joint Commission regulations related to how we use or update the PeopleSoft maintenance module and/or related to supplier contracts, and will serve as the champion of ideas related to this field. Specific job duties include:
- Provide direction to the field and our iSynergy team, based on knowledge of the PeopleSoft system capabilities and the needs of the facilities pertaining to reports, functionality, and use of the maintenance module and associated software applications.
- Establish and facilitate a committee to identify and sort all recommendations for improvements needed in the PeopleSoft maintenance module and establish best practices for use of the system.
- Provide leadership and facilitate collaboration with the field in the areas of facilities management, asset management, and biomedical repair as it pertains to establishing standards, policies, best practices, and efficient use of resources.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings based on purchases and assist Supply Chain Strategic Sourcing in gathering data, identifying committee participants and supporting implementation of contracts.
- Provide leadership as it pertains to implementing Supply Chain projects and identify ways to monitor compliance or track improvements.
- Serve as an expert in facilities management providing direction, identifying internal resources of expertise, and establishing training and knowledge transfer opportunities as it pertains to new and updated regulations and/or best practices.
- 10 or more years’ experience in Healthcare Facilities management
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or some other related field
- Master’s Degree in engineering, business, or related field preferred
- Certified six sigma black belt preferred
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading teams by establishing plans, gathering data, assigning tasks, monitoring progress, and effectively completing projects.
- Deep understanding of hospital facilities management, asset management, and biomedical operations and the associated regulations.
- Proven ability to create a vision, share direction with others, and successfully execute a plan.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Proficient use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel