CAN LIVE ANYWHERE IN US, HOME OFFICE BASED
We are currently hiring for a Corporate Electrical Engineer to join our operations team. In this position you will provide electrical and controls direction for design and implementation of new equipment installations as well as upgrades to existing equipment at all locations. You will work closely as part of the overall team and with outside contractors and integrators to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget. This position will provide technical engineering support to all locations for existing and new installations either onsite or remotely. The position will be preferably based at a major plant location but working remotely from a home office will be considered.
Specific job duties:
- Provide electrical and controls engineering support to plants and other corporate engineering team members in the design, cost estimation, and implementation of a wide variety of projects that are intended to expand manufacturing capabilities, improve manufacturing operations, quality, safety, and reduce costs of production.
- Work closely with vendors and other engineering team members in identifying appropriate equipment necessary for each project and determining best cost and performance options.
- Provide electricaltroubleshooting expertise to plant engineering and maintenance personnel to keep equipment operating efficiently
- Ability to access HMI?s, plcs and drives remotely or onsite in providing technical support.
- Ability to select HMI?s, plcs and drives in accordance with standards
- Create and manage project design documentation including panel design drawings, bills of material, conduit and wiring schedules. point to point and I/O wiring diagrams and power distribution drawings,
- Provide procurement support documents including statement of work (SOW), request for quotation (RFQ) and functional descriptions to support bidding and purchasing activities that comply with procedures.
- Develop project budgets and timetables in early phases of projects.
- Provide field supervision of, in-house personnel, outside contractors and integrators during design, implementation and commissioning phases of projects to ensure that they are completed on time and on budget.
- Track spending against approved project budgets to make sure that costs are controlled and monitored.
- Responsible for ensuring that all electrical projects under your control are in compliance with the Corporate Electrical standards and all recognized electrical codes such as OSHA, ANSI,NFPA, NEC, IEEE, and local electrical codes.
- Understanding of UL-508A, NFPA-70E and NEC article 209.
- BS Degree in Electrical or Controls Engineering
- Minimum 3- 5 years experience in an industrial environment with project design, project management and installation responsibilities
- Computer literacy with standard MS Office software including MS Project a plus
- Proven ability to design with AutoCAD
- Experience with the following equipment and software:
- Programmable logic controllers (PLC)
- Variable frequency drives (VFD),
- Networking and HMI systems on continuous production lines,
- Allen Bradley PLCs: Control Logix 5000, SLC-500 and PLC-5
- Allen Bradley drives 525 and Powerflex series
- Factory Talk SE, Wonderware HMIs, Ethernet and ControlNet networks.
- Ability to apply analytical skills in process troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Experience with chemical handling systems and/or power transmission equipment is a plus.
- Formal project management training is not required but would be considered a plus.
- Ability to travel to plant locations up to 60% of the time.
- Familiarity with SAP as it relates to project management documentation and tracking is a definite plus.
$90K - $110K
$90K - $110K base, home office, exp acct, benefits, 401k bonus