- The Corporate DistributionDirector is responsible for identifying and developing the business strategy with and for distribution partners and channels, to achieve profitable and timely revenue for the company in a way that aligns with each division and region?s goals, and the Company?s overall objectives.
- This position requires 40% international travel through the Americas, Asia and Europe.
- Master?s degree in technical field, i.e., Engineering, Physics, Business or Finance.
- Minimum 5years' experience in distribution and business management, both domestic and internationally, to include direct sales and/or sales management experience in technical oriented business (technical marketingexperience also acceptable).
- Strong background in successful technical sales and technical sales management to major industry leaders.
- A strong background in electrical science or finance is required.
- Strong contract negotiation skills.
- Experience in structuring deals, establishing and directing the execution of strategy, and measuring and analyzing business and results.
- Knowledge of electronic components and an understanding of distribution policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of industry-specific products (preferred), trends and standard business practices.
- Understanding of electronic and QA concepts, as well as manufacturing and marketing techniques.
- Must be highly organized, self-motivated, smart planner and able to work well withsupport staff.
- Also, must have the ability to direct and motivate people.
- Strong product management; marketing and sales management skills are a must.
- Ability to speak and write clearly and effectively.
- Extreme tactfulness and persuasive skills required.
- Comfortable making presentations to all levels of customer interfacing, including senior management.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills a must.
- Ability to communicate with extremely technical individuals as well and purchasing and planning teams.
- Sensitivity to what people are thinking and what makes them react positively.
- A confident, friendly, "can do" attitude.
- Ability to relate to people on all levels.
SPECIFIC POSITION DUTIES:
- Develop and execute sales and marketing plans to grow the business globally and strengthen relationships with each key distributor
- Provide leadership to international sales team in the achievement of sales goals and implementation of sales strategies
- Conduct quarterly sales reviews (at a minimum) with each person on the distributionsales team
- Identify, evaluate, and qualify, existing and new distributors both domestic and internationally
- Understand distributors needs and how to create incentives
- Ensure distributor retention and satisfaction
- Research and identify potential new distributors to strengthen productsales in areas where company market share is weak
- Track and analyze sales performance of new and existing distributors and recommend modifications as necessary
- Coordinate and conduct product / sales meetings and training for distributors to ensure the possession of in-depth knowledge of product attributes, promotional activities and pricing
- Recommend and attend trade shows that are best fit for the Company
- Assist in direct advertising including providing content to Marketing Dept, for literature, training materials, etc.
- Gather and communicate distributor needs and trends through regular reports to Management
- Provide regular status reports toSales Manager
- Develop and maintain knowledge of all products, applications and services
- Work with company and distributor?s engineering/sales departments to secure the design-in of company products.
- Other activities as directed