The Corporate Director administers and supports the Corporate Supply Chain Clinical Value Analysis Program servicing a total of 45 facilities. Provides oversight of Clinical Value Analysis sourcing and standardization initiatives covering all clinical specialties including: Surgery, Nursing, Critical Care, Obstetrics, Neonatal Intensive Care, Respiratory, Radiology, Interventional Radiology and Wound Care pertaining to commodity products, medical devices and clinical / physician preference items.
This position is responsible for planning, analysis, and presentation of supply chain performance information used to determine the direction and strategies for Prime Healthcare. This position serves as a resource and consultant for end-users, and works on benchmarking, analytics, and process improvement projects.
Responsible for leading the programmatic sourcing solutions initiative for Prime. This leadership position will be responsible for developing the business plans, sourcing strategies, cost improvement, contracting strategies, marketing and communication plans. A key focus of this position is to develop optimal business strategies while matrix managing coworker relationships that will improve Prime's cost position. The Director will work with hospital CEOs and CFOs to develop spend reduction and contracting strategies to optimize spend in supply and purchased services costs. The Director reports to the Vice President of Supply Chain. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Prime Service Standards.
- Administers and supports the Value Analysis Program, which includes identification and execution of standardization, utilization, and sourcing opportunities for clinical products, medical devices and physician preference items (PPI).
- Applies past clinical experience and knowledge to these initiatives.
- Assists Corporate Clinical Leaders with providing product usage, approved contracted vendors and cost information as needed for their specific product-related initiatives.
- Serves as a Clinical Subject Matter Expert in providing Supply Chain support to Corporate Quality, Nursing, Surgery, Radiology, IR, Cardiology, OB, Risk Management, and Loss Control leadership.
- Participates/leads identified sourcing opportunities pertaining to clinical products, medical devices and PPI with support from Corporate Contracting team and GPO support staff.
- This includes strategy development, vendor communication, negotiation, benchmarking proposed pricing, and execution of contract.
- Acts as a liaison between acute care departments and Corporate Contracting as hospitals work on facility-based agreements.
- Acute Care Experience in one or more of the following areas Med-Surg, Critical Care, Cardiovascular (Cath Lab), Surgery, Obstetrics).
- Detailed clinical and operations management experience preferred.
- Contracting and Negotiating experience strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership presence to evaluate business opportunities, major contracts, and relationships.
- Strong group dynamic skills to lead facility conversion teams to accomplishment established goals.
- Requires a skill set that includes clinical and technical acumen, ability to lead large virtual groups and strong Service Excellence performance.
- Communicates frequently with Executive Level Management at both Corporate and Facility levels.
- Knowledge of Lawson and Meditech systems and supply chain functionality.
- Projects a positive attitude and team orientation.
- Needs to be effective in recovery skills and exhibit a strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication and analytical skills.
- Computer skills with proficiency in MS Excel and Word.
- English verbal and written fluency.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Health Administration, or Nursing is required.
- Masters degree preferred.