Objective / Purpose
The overall objective and purpose of the Corporate Director of Training is to head the entire training and development program for the company. He or she is responsible for the assessment and identification of the company’s training and development needs and for the effective planning, coordinating, and directing training and staff development programs for the organization. They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of training in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Areas of Responsibility (AOR)
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Formulates Kessler training programs to include planning, system administration, and execution with regard to onboarding, compliance & safety, Kessler certifications, and best practice sessions, enrichment workshops, conferences, and retreats.
- Responsible for compliance, safety procedures and training for evacuation, practice drills, test for Kessler Program, OSHA, and PCI.
- Facilitates the Kessler Leadership Series Training.
- Responsible for on-boarding utilizing Foundation process/documents/SOPs to include system and access requirement, orientation, Guest Service Training, leadership assimilation meetings, one on one meet and greets, SME/Job Coach Sessions, training checklists, and property tours.
- Works with appropriate vendors to develop learning management system training programs for Kessler University and Marriott offerings.
- Conducts needs analysis studies and confers with managers and supervisors to determine training needs.
- Organizes and develops training manuals, reference library, testing and evaluation procedures, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Creating training tools and job aid creation and updates such as WYN Decks and training videos.
- Trains assigned instructors and supervisory personnel in effective techniques for training. Such as, new employee’s orientation, on-the-job training, sales techniques, health and safety practices, management development, and adaptations to changes in policies, procedures, and technologies.
- Researches and selects outside consultants and trainers to conduct training in specific topics.
- Coordinates established training courses with technical and professional courses offered by community schools.
- Screens, tests, counsels, and recommends employees for participation in internal or external educational and training programs.
- Communicates training programs and processes to field staff. Ensures programs and processes are utilized according to company policy.
- Responsible for foundational elements such as Kessler Connection templates, monthly standards, meetings, and conference callprotocol (SOP).
- Supports the Kessler employer branding by identifying and coordinating participation in National and Industry Employer Awards.
- Responsible for Guest Satisfaction, Guestware, and Trip Advisor reporting and tracking to determine training needs.
- Maintains records and prepares statistical reports to evaluate performance of instructors and monitor progress of trainees.
- Maintains the Training Matrix and companywide systems access chart up to date with both Kessler and Marriott required training.
- Approves, tracks, and processes all pay-out requests for the Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- Responsible for training tools and job aid creation and updates such as WYN Decks and training videos.
- Compiles data and analyzes past and current year training requirements to prepare budgets and justify funds requested.
- All other duties assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Recognized as a Subject Matter Expert in tactics and training disciplines.
- Must have current knowledge on all laws, regulations and industry best practices pertaining to their area of responsibility.
- Ability to compile and deliver written or verbal training tools.
- Ability to demonstrate experience in content creation, maintenance of training processes, and the successful development of ongoing training and development programs.
- Ability to successfully troubleshoot and resolve problems and questions professionally.
Standards & Culture
Individuals must serve as a cultural ambassador by upholding and promoting our standards.
Image & Presence: Bohemian. Our team is sophisticated and purposeful in their communication and body language
- 50% Classical European, 35% Colorful Gypsy Lifestyle, 15% Funky California Free Spirit
Service: Intuitive. Our team inspires the guest (and Grand Performer) experience with warmth and deliberate elegance.
- Greet, Undivided Attention, Enthusiastic Response, Smile, Thank You
- Listen, Empathize & Apologize, Accept Responsibility, Do Something About it, Exceed Expectations, Recover Loyalty
Performance: Extraordinary. Our team rises to outperform and consistently beat our best for even better.
- Be Aligned: Collaborate effectively to accomplish goals and achieve results in the Kessler way.
- Be Accountable: Have courage, accept responsibility for actions and/or inactions and expect others to do the same.
Cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- Corporate Office Human Resources Team
- Field Human Resources Directors
- Property Leadership Teams
Education, License, Certifications, Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related training equivalent - required
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets - required
- Experience with Training and Development at a senior position – required
Physical Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions & physical demands of this role.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.