Are you a Quality Manager or Director ready to take the next step in your career? Are you driven to lead Quality Assurance initiatives from the corporate level in order to influence and improve the quality processes for divisions across the U.S.? If you are a strong leader with a passion for quality assurance, then this role is for you!
Top Reasons to Work with Us?
- Publicly traded company founded 66years ago in Elkhart, IN that has grown to include multiple divisions with a national presence!
- Lean, debt-free company that looks beyond today in order to be the best! Coast-to-Coast manufacturing divisions that incorporate hometown values! Honesty, Integrity, Discipline and Hard Work!
- Committed to excellence!
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and benefits!
- Opportunity to travel to all manufacturing facilities nationwide!
- Responsible for Quality Assurance across all divisions without any supervisory responsibility!
What will you be doing?
- Support and Improve the quality process for all company divisions.
- Establish corporate standards for quality.
- Ensure that each division is meeting or exceeding established corporate and regulatory standards.
- Evaluation performance at least once a year for each division—this includes travelling to the different manufacturing facilities across the U.S.
- Evaluation of divisional quality manager performance and report back to divisional manager and corporate.
- Keep all divisions apprised of quality related issues as presented by governing agencies.
- Publish monthly Quality Newsletters highlighting improved performance and detail areas needing improvement.
- Closely evaluate all division internal quality audit results and assist with implementation of Plans of Corrective Action for deficiencies noted.
- Regularly interface with corporate department heads to assure quality requirements and objectives are in harmony with Safety, Manufacturing, EPA, Product Engineering and other corporate departments’ objectives and requirements.
- Work with each division in development and review of quality process documentation and verify that it is suitable and effective, i.e. Product Inspection Forms
- Work with each division to help resolve difficult warranty or product service claims.
- Establish “Best Practices” for inspection and testing. This includes testing equipment.
- Authority to stop production at any division to reject purchased materials or work not in compliance with industry code requirements or corporate standards.
What you need for this position?
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- “Hands-on” knowledge of all industry standards
- Strong communication skills—written, verbal and presentation. Must be comfortable with giving speeches/presentations to large groups, top management, public groups and/or board of directors.
- Strong mathematical skills—ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts
- Strong computer skills-chart/graphing software; MS Office—Excel and Word
- Ability to travel nationally
What we’d like to see BUT not a showstopper:
- ASQ Certification (s): Quality Manager, Certified Quality Auditor, Certified Quality Technician, and/or Certified Quality Improvement Associate