The Corporate Director of Loss Prevention directs and oversees the implementation of all safety and security programs for the purpose of providing protection and a sense of wellbeing to all guests and employees. Once in the role, the Corporate Director of Loss Prevention will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Develop implement and manage hotel security programs. Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, laws and ordinances for guests and employees on property. Act as the liaison to all departments on security measures, procedures and needs. Oversee the preparation of security reports and investigations. Coordinate and monitor for efficiency safety and security-related programs for overall Company, including, but not limited to, lost and found process, auditing of issuance of hotel keys; evacuation drills; chemical, CPR and fire preparedness training, etc.
- Administer and manage the Workers Compensation and Risk Management/General Liability process. Provide reporting of company analytical information and coordinate submittals with insurance companies. Set guidelines based on trends and develop actions plans to eliminate risks to the company.
- Provide response to guest issues, both emergency and non-emergency. Respond to, investigate and accurately document all incidents that occur on property. Maintain all emergency response equipment in a manner that allows immediate use.
- Is available for off duty calls from the department in case of emergencies. May communicate with law enforcement on security matters. Provide First Aid and CPR as necessary to both guests and employees.
- Oversee the supervision and training of outsourced security officers. Maintain open communication with the staff and guests, and resolve issues and complaints to maximize staff moral and guest satisfaction.
Minimum ten (10) years of loss prevention experience including a minimum of four (4) different properties and at least two (2) different brands. Corporate Headquarters, regional team and market leadership will be considered as a brand experience, or any combination of education, training or experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job. High school diploma required. College degree preferred. Prior law enforcement, military and/or supervisory experience preferred. CPR certification and first aid training preferred.