ETHIC – Excellence, Teamwork, Hospitality, Integrity, and Compassion – steadfastly characterizes our mission to continually enrich the daily lives of residents. We practice these principles with every task and interaction, from personal caregiver assistance to mowing the grass. At Touchmark, we say:
I AM AN ALLY • I AM A FRIEND • I AM A GIVER
The Director of Plant Operations is responsible for the overall management of facilities operations for the Touchmark portfolio of communities. As the Director of Plant Operations, you will be Responsible for the safeguarding, care, and maintenance of all Touchmark real estate assets, including the planning and oversight of preventative maintenance programs and capital expenditures. You will be the key owner in driving and maintaining standardized plant services, operational policies, and procedures
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be dedicated to Driving culture and system of continuous improvement in the pursuit of excellence.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, industrial management, construction management, or a related field;
- 10+ years of progressive management experience;
- Formal continuous improvement training (Lean, Six Sigma or other systems) preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in providing successful leadership in facilities management, including managing facility operations and capital expenditure projects for multiple, large-scale communities or other complex campus settings;
- Fiscal and budgetary experience of at least seven figures;
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and maintain preventative maintenance programs for all major building systems;
- Direct operations and financial performance of plant and facility operations, minor renovation projects, security, safety, parking, transportation, and emergency preparedness;
- Drive the preparation of annual community maintenance and capital expenditure budgets;
- Ensure that capital expenditure and refurbishment processes enable Touchmark to complete projects on time and within budget; effectively protect Touchmark interests in capital projects and, working collaboratively with finance, ensure appropriate fiscal controls are in place;
- Work with senior management to develop a comprehensive disaster preparedness plan covering emergency situations such as severe weather, fire, utility failure, hazardous materials, or any other emergency that may directly impact our residents, staff, visitors, and facilities. Lead drills and table-top exercises to ensure effective planning and response is achieved;
- Participate in the hiring, coaching, training, and evaluation of community Building Services Managers and staff, addressing personnel issues in a timely and effective manner;
- Develop and implement training programs that will improve the effectiveness of Building Services teams, and promote employee longevity;
Touchmark is dedicated to providing the best for our residents, and it all begins with providing the best for our employees. That’s why we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to our team members who work 30+ hours per week which includes:
- Paid time off (including holidays)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance plans for employees and eligible dependents
- Education assistance
- Bonus and retirement plans
- Health care, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts
- On-Demand Pay allows you to access pay as you earn it
- Employee Assistance Program
- Supplemental insurance options
At Touchmark, we have the privilege of providing a safe home environment for residents. With this in mind, we require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. A copy of the vaccine policy is available upon request.
We are looking to hire individuals whose values align with ours and who believe in doing everything they can to lead by example in safety, compassion, and empathy. If that sounds like you, we encourage you to apply.
We’re growing. Are you?