Avaya enables the mission critical, real-time communication applications of the world’s most important operations. As a global leader in delivering superior communications experiences, Avaya offers a complete portfolio of software and services for contact center and unified communications— offered on premises, in the cloud, or a hybrid. Today’s digital world requires communications enablement, and no other company is better positioned to do this than Avaya.
• This role will report into Avaya's Corporate Development and Strategy group and be responsible for supporting strategy formulation (long term strategic priorities, plans, and analysis), the strategy execution process and Avaya's M&A.
• In this role, you will support business case generation and financial modelling and analysis in various areas of the business, including market forecasts, competitor share forecasts, investment needs, valuation analysis, synergy opportunities, revenue opportunities, cost savings opportunities, etc.
• You will need to partner with key business units and corporate functions to drive successful execution and implementation of strategic priorities and corporate transactions.
• You will need to also be able to source and effectively negotiate successful outcomes for potential commercial agreements, collaborations, etc.
• You will support and help maintain the corporate long-range model, either as lead owner of the model or in support of another Corporate Strategy and Business leadership.
The Minimum Qualifications:
• Top-tier MBA • Min 5 years' experience post MBA in top-tier consulting firm, corporate strategy / investment banking or similar strategy or M&A experience in a corporate setting with exposure to technology industry.
• Experience in Software and Cloud Platforms, or Unified Communications or Contact Center solutions would be very much a plus.
• Strong multi-tasking skills managing multiple strategy and/or corporate development projects at a time in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
• Proven experience with valuation methodologies, financial statement analysis and financial due diligence.
• Proven experience in project M&A processes: including abilities to support an M&A transaction from sourcing, to financial modelling, due diligence, transaction management and structuring, integration planning and executive communications.
• Strong problem-solving skills, business and financial modelling abilities, and an ability to structure an issue and analyze alternative solutions