AlixPartners delivers a suite of integrated solutions and offerings to support our clients in achieving their business strategy. Our Corporate Development Office delivers a broad array of talent management solutions to help clients drive leadership and organizational success at all levels of their organization. Our practice works with both healthy and under-performing companies across a variety of urgent, high impact situations. Our seasoned professional consultants are recognized experts in their field who create measurably improved outcomes for our clients.
In this challenging role, you will make an impact by helping clients succeed in meeting talent and organization ‘high stakes’ challenges.
- Bring objective design and measurement frameworks and techniques to challenge of selecting senior leaders for C-level positions. Select leaders and help them create effective and aligned teams to enact their strategy as rapidly as possible.
- Marshall organizational diagnostic knowledge and methods to improve the efficiency and structure of client organizations.
- Work as the change management specialist and/or leader on engagement teams and help drive the pursuit and delivery of broader organizational design and c-suite change initiatives.
- Provide thought leadership and creative insights to clients on complex change leadership initiatives.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge around understanding and addressing the root causes of organizational effectiveness and institutional levers of change. Use diagnostic surveys and executive level interviews to identify areas for organizational improvement.
- Understand the client culture, political environment and stakeholder agendas.
- Build and drive the case for change on related work streams and projects.
- Help companies focus on their change management model and its integration with talent programs and broader transformation initiatives (e.g. restructuring, new operating model, merger or acquisition.)
- Demonstrate ability to consistently extend work for self and others team members on client projects.
- Identify and cultivate new client opportunities.
- Develop and manage related analytics, reports and metrics.
- Synthesize complex analyses, and identify implications with attention to detail.
- Innovate development of new tools, methodologies and behavioral science approaches.
- Collaborate on cross-community initiatives.
- Build counseling relationships with clients and peers.
- Mentor and develop junior team members in the areas of leadership and organization focused client service.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Minimum 12-15 years’ experience in human capital consulting work. Preference will be given to candidates with client-facing consulting experience in a professional services environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Organizational Development, Human Resource Management, Finance, or Accountingrequired (a bachelor’s degree in other disciplines will be considered in combination with applicable work experience).
- MBA, Master's, or PhD Industrial / Organizational Psychology preferred.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: organizational design and cultural change within enterprise-wide or multinational corporation, business operations, post-merger integration, talent management, and change leadership.
- Knowledge and experience at the interface of leadership, talent, and organizational change. A deep understanding and an ability to execute using these three levers is optimal.
- Experience in detailed organization designs, including cultural change, reporting relationships, decision rights, and unit-level accountability.
- Program development and experience training in key areas including selection assessments, cultural assessment and change, leadership training, executive development, high potential development programs, among other areas highly preferred.
- Commercial sensibility and client-facing experience. Experienced in proposal development, with strong commercial instincts.
- Effective as a business developer, successful in originating new sales (a consistent track record selling +$1 million in professional consulting services annually is preferred.)
- Articulate, persuasive, communicator with the ability to command the room. Handles executive and difficult audiences well. Readily adapts style and message appropriately to audience and circumstance. Outstanding at impromptu communication under pressure.
- Experienced in leading and managing multiple complex work streams and projects.
- Works effectively with others. Capable of ‘flexing’ between big picture strategy and detailed execution focus.
- High energy style, flexible and adaptive, with the ability to work well in a very fast paced environment.
- Exceptional client service and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced written communication skills, self-directed with preparation of client ready document and presentation development.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access and Excel applications.
- Openness for up to 70% travel Monday-Friday.
- Must have the ability to work full time.