The Corporate Development team at Slack works on identifying the right acquisitions and strategic partnerships, executing against these convictions, and leading subsequent integration. The ideal person for this role will be driven to deeply understand how to take advantage of Slack's opportunity, conscientious about their work, comfortable debating ideas and down to earth. This role is an opportunity to have a disproportionately large impact at Slack.
What you will be doing
- You will understand our strategy and identify acquisitions to address our opportunities
- You will quickly build functional relationships with leaders of target organizations; negotiate with balance
- You will partner with internal leaders to assess, diligence, and integrate acquisitions
- You will run integration process in partnership with all relevant functional groups
What you should have
- 5+ years of relevant business development experience
- 8+ years overall work experience
- Experience in corporate development, strategy consulting w/ PMI experience or VC/PE/IB, though open to cross-functional roles at related companies
- An understanding of technology and software
- Familiarity with M&A processes and finance in-depth experience operating within and leading cross-functional teams
- Ability to motivate, collaborate, and work successfully in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail along with organization and follow-through skills
- Experience dealing with ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities - you don't ruffle
- Passionate about Slack and the problems we are solving.