ERIIis seeking a self-starter and detail-oriented candidate for an immediate full-time job opening for the position of Corporate Development Manager within the Corporate Development team in our San Leandro, CA office with flexibility of working remotely. This position is responsible for all activities to support the identification and commercialization of emerging technologies in new markets or new applications. A suitable candidate will have prior corporate development, strategy, management consulting or investment banking experience with industrial technology and/or high precision manufacturing companies.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Corporate Development, this position will be part of the core incubation team that will work cross-functionally to identify and support transformative new product development from ideation to incubation to commercialization. In addition, you will screen and propose investment, partnerships, and M&A opportunities. Working closely with different Business Units, you will align strategy with partners and other key constituents. Finally, you will drive detailed technology and market analyses of key sectors as well as develop detailed financial models including pricing, projections, valuation, and investment return analyses.
Due to COVID-19, all non-essential employees at Energy Recovery are currently working from home until further notice.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct research and analysis to support solving unstructured business problems related to product offerings, geography expansion, product adoption, pricing scenarios and industry shifts
- Monitor competitive landscape profile for emerging product/market segments
- Gain an understanding of key business issues and technology capabilities of different business units to support strategic initiatives
- Prepare business case to evaluate and identify growth opportunities including new applications of existing technologies within the product portfolio and new technologies to-be-developed internally
- Create financial models for strategic initiatives including marketing sizing and growth, pricing, bottoms up forecasts, scenarios and sensitivities, key performance indicators and NPV/Payback valuations
- Work cross-functionally within the department and across the organization to support ad-hoc analysis and reporting
- All other projects and duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering or equivalent)
- 4-5 years in corporate development, strategy, management consulting, investment banking, and/or related experience
- Prior experience in industrial technology or clean technology strongly preferred
- Strong analytical skills with ability to grasp financial and technical information to define strategy
- High enthusiasm for learning about new markets and technologies and ability to distill trends
- Advanced/expert skills in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong presentation and communication skills including the ability to convey complex findings in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to travel occasionally (up to 20%).