The Corporate Development Financial Associate is responsible for providing support to the Mergers & Acquisitions/Corporate Development team. The Associate will be an integral part of the team and will be involved in all phases of strategic acquisitions & divestitures, with an emphasis on financial analysis and valuation. This role will work with complex valuation and financial models used to evaluate deal proposals and deal structures ensuring alignment with Assurant’s business model and risk appetite. Responsibilities will include:
- Managing & improving existing models and processes as well as designing and building new models to support & inform M&A decision process.
- In addition to strategic & quantitative analysis, the Associate will also be responsible for coordinating an efficient and comprehensive due diligence process with cross functional teams.
- Assisting in screening deal opportunities, developing C-Suite level presentation materials, coordinating with other teams as appropriate and managing work streams and virtual teams on each deal.
The Associate is expected to show continued growth, increasingly contributing to the M&A decision-making process which in many cases will have significant strategic consequences for Assurant.
- Highly visible role; involved across all aspects of corporate development projects (i.e., acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and strategic investments).
- Build complex financial models and valuations (including discounted cash flows, accretion/dilution, investment returns, and sensitivity analysis) for potential M&A transactions.
- Analyze financial and operating data of target companies, and perform strategic and quantitative analysis to inform valuation assumptions.
- Support and coordinate due diligence efforts with global deal teams including both internal business unit and corporate functional teams and external advisors.
- Support development of clear presentations for leadership teams and other stakeholders.
- Accountability for valuation models both developed and presented from other resources.
- Research potential targets and industry trends using public and private sources of data.
- Help evaluate deal prospects & targets and gather input from key stakeholders at Assurant.
- As part of the business evaluation process, lead the development and validation of key model parameters, assumptions, drivers and scenarios.
- Be a liaison with business units and corporate functions and build network of internal relationships across the global organization.
- Support in-house Corporate Development team.
- BA/BS required (MBA/CFA preferred)
- 5 years experience in financial services or financial analytics
- M&A or related Corporate Development experience a plus
- Experience in deal valuation and other financial modeling
- Strong analytical & quantitative skills
- Expert level Excel and other analytical tools
- Strong communication & reasoning skills
- Experience creating & presenting presentations to senior levels
- Experience working independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail and highly motivated
- Ability to shift priorities quickly and work on multiple projects
- Experience in consulting or other high volume transnational analytics environments