Corporate Development Associate - Senior
Purpose of Job
Supports the Corporate Development group and particular lines of business with the market/industry research, analysis and identification of investment, acquisition, joint venture and other corporate development opportunities in support of USAA. Plays a key role in conducting relevant industry research and assessing potential investment targets, reviewing and analyzing business plans and financial statements, developing financial models, formulating recommendations related to potential targets, preparing related presentation materials, and administering transactional due diligence efforts. Maintains models, tracks performance of portfolio companies and maintains an industry specific knowledge base on emerging capabilities and industry trends. Serves as a critical member of a team responsible for identifying emerging technologies, market trends and product categories and leveraging those insights into actionable partnership, venture investments and M&A opportunities. Partners with internal teams to understand their business needs and the external assets needed to execute their strategy.
We are currently seeking talented Senior Corporate DevelopmentAssociatefor our San Antonio, TX facility.
- Supports all stages of the complex investment and corporate development process and deal flow, including: identification, origination, valuation, due diligence, and investment recommendations; assists with/supports transaction execution including the preparation of transaction documents and supporting materials.
- Performs complex industry research and identifies potential opportunities in targeted areas. Analyzes and develops recommendations for the investment, acquisition, joint venture and/or divesture of businesses and assets by USAA.
- Develops complex valuation models and business cases, and related presentation materials. Establishes valuation models appropriate for venture investing, outside of traditional discounted cash flows.
- Works with USAA management and enterprise counterparts in connection with the definition, execution and research of corporate development matters. Leads projects to support the execution for the evaluation of potential targets, assisting with formulating views on strategic fit, financial performance, potential positive and negative synergies, and overall attractiveness of transaction.
- Formulates indicative bids, conducts due diligence, obtains internal approvals, provides support for negotiation and finalization of transaction terms and definitive agreements, and assists with post-merger integration as needed. Assists with corporate finance, audit and administrative activities as needed in connection with all of the foregoing.
- Continuously monitors market trends and the competitive landscape to help identify new business and corporate development opportunities. Evaluates acquisition, investment and partnership opportunities, performing a broad range of qualitative and quantitative analyses. Manages the deal execution process from due diligence all the way through post-merger integration.
- Develop presentation materials to provide recommendations to the executive team.
- May serve as a board observer to portfolio companies under supervision of USAA Corporate Development Enterprise Management Group.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting required; 4 additional years of experience related work experience may be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- 6 or more years of experience related to corporate development, business development or related consulting activities required. At least 1-3 years of this experience must be in investment banking, mergers & acquisitions, corporate development, venture capital or corporate finance.
- Significant and proven experience in business and financial analytics supporting identification, analysis and closing of strategic transactions required.
- Strong understanding of financialvaluation, planning and analysis for venture capital investments, M&A and joint ventures required.
- Experience with start-ups or emerging technologies companies and venture capital required.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, JD, Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Aforementioned experience within a financial services or insurance environment preferred.
- CPA or CFA designation preferred.
- Previous experience working in a highly matrixed organization preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to take on new challenges and responsibilitiespreferred.
- Previous experience consulting and building relationships preferred.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Job Number: R0012513