Job Description:We are looking for an Associate with 4-6 years' experience to join our Chambers Band 1, Cyber, Privacy & Data Innovation Team -- in either Washington, DC or San Francisco, CA. Candidates should have rock solid experience counseling clients on federal and state data privacy rules, as well as a working knowledge of the data breach investigation and notification process.
Orrick is again one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For, the annual list that recognizes companies with extraordinary workplace cultures. Selected among hundreds of companies that Fortune considered this year, Orrick is ranked #15 on this list.
Job Requirements:Required skills include the ability to:
· Lead the assessment and development of privacy compliance programs, including with respect to CCPA
· Provide actionable privacy risk-mitigation advice in relation to new products/services,
· Issue-spot and triage privacy issues in the context of online/digital advertising technologies
· Issue-spot and triage a range of consumer protection issues, such as CAN SPAM, COPPA, State Biometric Laws, etc.
· Render advice on state data breach notification rules/exceptions and notification processes
· Experience representing clients in FTC and State AG investigations
· Other investigations or litigation experience
· Financial or Health sector privacy experience
· Experience in proactive cybersecurity space (e.g., incident response planning; IR tabletops; vendor management programs; cyber risk assessments)
· Experience in incident (e.g., data breach) response (e.g., managing forensic consultants; managing multi-jurisdictional notification strategies; crafting internal/external communications)
· CIPP Certification
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Consistent with the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, an arrest and conviction record will not automatically disqualify a qualified applicant from consideration for employment. For attorney positions, a 'qualified applicant' is an individual who is a member of the State Bar of California, admitted in good standing, and is eligible to practice; or whose admission to the State Bar of California and eligibility to practice remains subject only to successful completion of the California Bar Examination.
Valid Through: 2019-11-12