Yubico’s mission is to create a safer internet for everyone. Our core invention, the YubiKey, hardware-based token, revolutionized secure logins for top Internet brands, including Google and Facebook, and for millions of users in 160 countries. Collaboration and innovation are at the core of our culture, as we expand to more advanced software and services for encryption and Internet of Things (IoT). We are a multinational, fast-growing, and profitable company, offering an opportunity to bring your ideas to life with our global team.
Yubico has a Corporate Counsel opportunity in our Legal team. In this role, you will report to the Sr. Legal Director, Americas at our Palo Alto, California office. The role is focused on providing high quality legal support to our business partners in our Sales department, with secondary support for vendor procurement, all the while working closely with Sales, Finance, and other teams. Strong candidates are solutions-driven and independent, with direct experience in drafting and negotiating both customer and vendor agreements. The successful candidate must work well in a high-energy environment, become an enthusiastic part of a collaborative team, and care for the company and its people.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Negotiate, draft and interpret contracts, assisting management in the negotiation of terms, minimizing risk, and protecting the company's interests;
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation, regulations, and ethical standards that affect business activities;
- Respond promptly and effectively to legal requests from sales, supply chain, business development, marketing, finance and other internal clients, and advise on recommended courses of action and legal risks;
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders;
- Help to identify and brief management on potential and actual legal exposures, and take appropriate proactive and remedial measures;
- Handle special projects as requested, including those assigned by Yubico’s General Counsel;
- Report full-time into Yubico’s Palo Alto, California office.
Skills & Experience:
- Membership in good standing with the California Bar and have a JD from an ABA accredited law school;
- 3+ years of in-house experience at a technology company;
- Exposure to cybersecurity or the sale of hardware products is a huge plus;
- Must have a service-oriented mindset as part of a G&A function within the company;
- A practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving with the ability to effectively counsel internal clients by providing them with clear, concise advice, and creative solutions where necessary on established timelines to meet their business needs;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic, flexibility and ability to work independently;
- Ability to work efficiently with cross-functional teams and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure;
- Superior language, written and verbal communication skills required;
- Sense of humor, always a plus, and a can-do attitude are expected.