Our Client, a business technology company is seeking an attorney to provide legal advice and counseling on Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S), Real Estate, and Data Privacy matters. This position will operate independently and work directly with senior executives and functional and business leaders.
Responsibilities will involve:
- Evaluate potential risks and exposures across international operations and communicate these issues to the client along with recommendations for avoiding or minimizing risk.
- Provide proactive, timely and high quality legal support/leadership to: (i) successfully defend/settle/resolve claims and litigation and (ii) establish institutional controls, where needed, to limit remedy costs and exposure to future claims.
- Provide both EH&S and general legal support for Real Estate transactions with focus on transactions in the United States and Canada.
- Provide proactive, timely and high quality legal support/leadership to: (i) provide advice and counseling on company-wide Data Privacy matters, and (ii) lead company-wide data privacy compliance program.
- SupportEngineering, Product Management and IT related to cyber-securityrisks and mitigation strategies.
- Stay abreast of new laws and trends and report on them to management, as appropriate.
- Assist in company investigations.
- Review and interpret company policies and procedures.
- Serve as an in-house corporate generalist and business partner as required.
- Oversee work of outside counsel. Assist in assuring that substantially all managed outside counsel spend is within budget and under non-hourly based fee arrangements that measurably incentivize efficiency and results.
- This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
A minimum of 5years of demonstrated work experience in EH&S and Real Estate lawwith an emphasis on client counseling and knowledge of hazardous substances disclosure requirements, including REACH regulations.
Recent experience counseling clients on Data Privacy and/or Cyber-Security matters is a plus.
JD from an accredited law school with a license to practice law.
Highly developed written and oral communications skills, with the ability to clearly articulate recommendations and options about complex legal issues.
Strong client service focus and the ability to work efficiently,
Excellent opportunity to join a growing international corporation