Corporate Counsel – Consumer Business Unit Legal Team
Symantec is hiring a Corporate Counsel in the Consumer Legal Team. This is an opportunity to join a very dynamic team of creative consumer attorneys who support the Consumer Business Unit, the providers of Norton and LifeLock branded products and services. The focus of this position is to advise and be legal point person to senior product leader(s), on (1) LifeLock product review legal matters for launch or modification of product offerings, including go-to-market aspects, (2) review, negotiate and draft agreements in the areas of inbound services or technology to support the product launch, and (3) address all legal matters that relate to new and evolving business models and product offerings. This position requires collaboration with internal and external legal experts to provide timely and effective legal services to the LifeLock product managers and leader(s). As a member of the Consumer Business Unit Legal Team, you will have the opportunity to address many unique issues and challenges in a fast-paced environment of innovation.
- 5-10 plus years of relevant experience in the consumer software/services area and, identity theft protection industry or related services either in a corporate legal department and/or law firm.
- JD from an accredited law school, excellent academic credentials, and admission to CA or other state bar.
- Solid technology licensing experience and knowledge of consumer product launch and go-to-market legal activities.
- Experience in regulatory consumer law, including CFPB, FTC, and working with credit related products and credit services, insurance, identity, security and privacy.
- Diligent work style, well organized, detail oriented, strong prioritization skills for driving consumer offerings launch projects and delivering results to the Consumer Business Unit.
- A strong track record of taking initiative to drive progress and deliver solutions and results in a fast-paced and dynamic product team, while managing and leading multiple projects and go to market activities, simultaneously, under deadline pressure and a strong focus on providing solid and timely client service.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (written and verbal) that are clear, solution oriented manner that provides timely status and information to your manager and the product team leaders you would support.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex legal issues, draft and negotiate complex transactions in a straightforward manner, and quickly evaluate and manage the balance of legal and business risk concerns.
- Excellent business judgment, ability to think strategically, make timely decisions and give practical, solution oriented and business oriented advice.
- A track record of ability to work within a matrixed organization which is located regionally and ability to collaborate across functional organizations within and outside of the legal department, as you lead projects.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.