SVB Financial Group and its subsidiaries, including its principal banking subsidiary, Silicon Valley Bank provides financial and banking services to companies in technology-related, life science/healthcare, private equity/venture capital and premium wine industries. Along with commercial banking products and services provided by Silicon Valley Bank, we offer asset management, private wealth management and other investment services. We also offer investment banking services and non-banking products and services, such as funds management, M&A advisory services, venture capital and private equity investment, through our other subsidiaries and divisions. In addition, we focus on cultivating strong relationships with firms within the private equity and venture capital community worldwide.
We are seeking an exceptional attorney to join our team of driven legal professionals. In this position, you will work closely with cross-functional teams to develop SVB's suite of banking solutions designed to support our clients as they scale and grow their business.
- You will advise SVB banking and product development teams on a range of legal and regulatory issues related to the structuring, implementation and delivery of financial products and services.
- In this fast-paced environment, you will engage with a number of legal disciplines including regulatory, financial, investment, data privacy and security.
- You will actively collaborate with a spectrum of teams including commercial and consumer bankers, liquidity and asset management teams, product designers and developers, software engineers, risk and compliance officers and operational teams.
- The position will focus on products and services delivered to commercial clients, but will also assist with consumer-related matters.
We take pride in the global solutions we offer our clients, so reconciling regulatory requirements across multiple jurisdictions will be integral to the position. Up for the challenge? Here's what we're looking for in a candidate:
- A J.D. from a top tier school and excellent academic credentials
- 6+ years of in-house or law firm experience with aproven track record in the financial services space
- Familiarity with the matrix of US financial regulations, with proficiency in one or more specific areas such as BSA/AML, Bank Holding Company Act, CFTC, UCC 4A or US securities laws is required;
- Skilled at managing outside counsel efficiently
- Comfort providing guidance to business units regarding complex legal and business issues
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- A strong work ethic and sense of professional accountability;
- Well-developed organizational skills and ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressures;
- Professional curiosity and willingness to work on a broad range of legal matters and topics;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially an ability to effectively collaborate in an inter-disciplinary team;
- Creativity and enthusiasm to help find solutions as we grow as a company
- Exceptional communications and presentation ski