We are seeking a dedicated and highly motivated lawyer with extensive technology experience and prior experience working in an in-house corporate environment. You will join a legal team supporting a growing and profitable business with a global turnover of over $500 million. This role offers the opportunity to work with many of the biggest global technology companies in North America, Asia, and Europe.
Reporting into the Associate General Counsel, you will need to be able to engage with our customers and our senior management team in a fast-paced environment. A confident and persuasive manner and outstanding verbal and written communication skills are a prerequisite for the role.
The culture of the legal team is open, friendly, non-hierarchical, and solutions-oriented. A "can do" problem-solving approach and willingness to learn new things is essential as our team is committed to delivering effective and timely legal solutions.
- Draft, evaluate, review, and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts including Professional Services Agreements, Outsourcing arrangements, SaaS agreements, Master Purchase Agreements, and software licenses.
- Analyze unique contract requirements, special provisions, and terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and Spirent corporate policies.
- Solicit, in an organized and timely fashion, input from our engineering, services, finance, and supply chain teams and agree on the negotiation strategy for customer requirements.
- Lead contractual negotiations with customers in time-sensitive situations.
- D. with at least 5 years of hands-on relevant and practical experience as an in-house counsel.
- Licensed to practice law in NJ or the ability to obtain an in-house license.
- Common sense, good judgment, and having a sense of responsibility to deliver legal solutions, not just legal advice.
- Ability to form strong working relationships with your internal customers and a willingness to understand and engage in ambiguous situations.
- The high degree of independence, initiative, and decisiveness.
- Prior in-house legal experience, preferably experience working with major technology companies, required to be successful in this role.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, handle a fast-paced environment, and deliver multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Computer skills including Microsoft office products.
- Passion for detail, outstanding organizational skills, and excellent follow-through.
- The ability to speak and read Mandarin, although not essential, would help a candidate stand out.