We are looking for a collaborative superstar to drive our corporate development and finance efforts across our global offices. As Corporate Counsel, you will be a critical part of making this happen. You will have the opportunity to work alongside an all-star team of engineers who design and build our technology and our world-class sales team who deliver Spire products to government and commercial customers around the world. You will have to understand the entire business, from radio occultation to reseller rights. But most importantly, you’ll have the chance to build a wealth of expertise in an industry that is heading up and to the right.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Manage and execute equity and debt financing transactions, including drafting and negotiating agreements.
- Manage and execute M&A and strategic corporate partnerships, including managing due diligence, drafting and negotiating agreements.
- Support advisor and Board governance matters, including taking the lead on recordkeeping, resolutions, consents, minutes, and other materials.
- Serve as lead counsel for corporate structuring, including formation and maintenance of domestic and international subsidiaries and restructuring of corporate entities.
- Collaborate with our equity team on equity matters, including equity plans, our capitalization table, and compensation issues.
- Participate in the design and development of corporate programs, policies, training, and audits required for private and public company compliance.
- Coordinate with and efficiently manage external counsel.
- Help with other special corporate projects.
- Take on new challenges as you and the business grow.
- Be constantly curious.
- JD and membership in at least one state bar.
- 5+ years of combined corporate, securities, and M&A experience, with at least three years of law firm experience.
- Representation of private or public companies on governance issues and Board support.
- Member of California or New York bar.
- Thorough understanding of Delaware corporate practice.
- Experience with secondary transactions, IPOs, and international acquisitions a plus.
- Proven track record of working fluidly across a diverse and geographically distributed team.
- Excellent independent judgement and execution.
- Ability to assess both legal risks and business impact of decisions.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- In house experience or secondment at a growth-stage technology company.
- Sense of humor.