Smartsheet is seeking a talented Corporate Counsel for our high-growth SaaS company. The Corporate Counsel will provide day-to-day transactional legal support in the areas of procurement and sales. We are looking for a highly motivated and capable individual to join our collaborative legal team. This position reports to the Vice President of Legal and is located at our office in Boston, MA.
- Negotiate, draft, and review various vendor and customer contracts concerning, among other things, subscription software, data processing, intellectual property use, and professional services.
- Provide strategic and practical legal advice to business units, including procurement and sales, as well as other departments with customer-facing responsibilities.
- Support the continuous improvement of document templates, alternate language playbooks, and internal resource documents.
- Deliver training and guidance to employees on legal issues, best practices, and company policies.
- Complete special projects as requested.
- 3-5 years of relevant legal experience, including negotiating vendor and customer contracts.
- Ability to analyze problems and recommend practical solutions that balance legal and business risks.
- Skilled at developing strong working relationships with other business units despite having conflicting priorities and interests.
- Persistent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, and strategic thinking.
- Flexible with a service-oriented mentality.
- Ability to operate successfully in a fast-paced environment that places a high premium on excellence, execution, and teamwork.
- In-house legal department experience at a SaaS or software company preferred.
- JD from an accredited law school and an active member of the MA bar.