What You'll Do
We have an exciting opportunity for a junior/mid-level lawyer to join the Service Provider Legal team. In this role, you will:
- Draft and negotiate contracts with Cisco customers, including direct sales, RFP/RFIs, resale, nondisclosure, software license/sublicense, evaluation, cloud contracts, XaaS, flexible consumption models, dispute settlements and alliance agreements.
- Provide advice to senior sales management and other supporting functions, analyzing legal issues impacting the business.
- Participate on cross-functional teams passionate about continuous process improvement.
- Advise on business policies and practices.
- Research and present on key legal/contract issues that impact the business.
Who You’ll Work With
Would you like to work in a dynamic in-house legal department that is using technology to transform both its own legal department and how the law is practiced around the world?
Can you see yourself negotiating strategic and complex deals with leading technology companies and global service providers, to help Cisco deliver solutions that are truly changing the way we all work, live, play and learn?
Who You Are
- Adaptability. You are comfortable working in a dynamic environment and demonstrate the ability to successfully handle frequent changes in priorities, deadlines, and workload.
- Business/Legal Knowledge. You understand contracting principles and their impact on the business, finding creative solutions to issues.
- Communication and Influence. You have strong communication skills, including the ability to professionally and concisely communicate (in writing and verbally) complex legal and business issues with senior staff both inside and outside the company.
- Continuous Learning. You have a natural curiosity and hunger to learn and to apply that learning to specific tasks to improve your work and the work of others around you. We are looking for good basic skill level present in an early-in-career transactional attorney or contracting professional along with a strong desire to continue to improve existing key competencies.
- Ability to Positively Disrupt. You won’t suffer in silence in the face of outdated methodologies, broken processes or inefficient ways of doing things. Instead, you are a change agent who can clearly articulate these issues and their repercussions in a constructive manner and take full ownership of identifying and implementing better, more innovative ways of doing things.
- Critical Thinking. You have a track record of conducting a careful and thoughtful analysis of complex legal and business agreements and the ability to weigh and articulate the risk and reward of various scenarios in a business-friendly manner.
- Organizational Abilities. You have well-developed organizational and prioritization abilities allowing for the smooth and simultaneous management of multiple projects with complex and demanding deadlines.
- Relationship Management and Customer Centricity. You are a relationship builder. Whether it’s building relationships with customers, clients, support team members, suppliers, or partners, you demonstrate an ability to build credibility, advocate, influence and become a trusted adviser to help achieve the goals of Cisco and our customers. You approach your work with a healthy dose of customer centricity appropriate to the situation, meaning you remember to always keep a pragmatic focus on what helps Cisco best address the needs of our Service Provider customers.
Our ideal candidate will have the following legal skills:
- Detailed knowledge of commercial, contract and business law with at least 3 years of experience. Working knowledge of intellectual property, data protection law, and ‘revenue recognition principles’ is a plus.
- The ability to read and understand complex contracts and explain issues in easily understandable business terms to internal and external constituents.
- The ability to draft language for a broad range of issues and contracts.
- Experience negotiating business transactions, including complex business transactions.
Our ideal candidate will have the following general business skills:
- Have experience working in one or more companies with a strong Software-as-a-Service or Cloud services pedigree and will be familiar with the operational, legal and business issues presented by selling SaaS and Cloud services
- Understand corporate structure and organization charts
- Negotiate to a specific goal with little supervision
- Have a creative mindset with the ability to use design thinking and other tools to innovate.
- Operate well in a team environment
- Anticipate and be responsive to customer/client requirements
- Read, understand and interpret basic financial reporting
- Identify and handle the flow of key information up the management chain and across the client base
- Operate efficiently in an environment heavily dependent on e-enabled tools and communications systems, including high proficiency in and effective use of basic desktop applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Have a working knowledge of Cisco's technology and strategic direction
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.