Rimini Street, Inc. (Nasdaq: RMNI) is a global provider of enterprise software support products and services, and the leading third-party support provider for Oracle and SAP software products. The Company was founded to disrupt and redefine the enterprise software support market by developing innovative new products and services, providing ultra-responsive service and delivering outstanding value to clients.
We actively seek a Corporate Counsel resident in our Las Vegas or Chicago offices, or remote in the US.
Rimini Street views all of our employees as partners, and is committed to providing an exciting, participatory and team oriented work environment. In addition to our very competitive compensation packages, be prepared for challenging professional growth and fun along the way in our work hard, play hard corporate environment
This Corporate Counsel role will join our large and growing North American team of commercial transactions counsel as part of our global Transactions practice group. The Corporate Counsel will be primarily responsible for drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts, including master services agreements, statements of work, amendments, supplier- and vendor-facing service agreements, licensing agreements, marketing agreements, purchase agreements and other contracts to support the company’s business.
The Corporate Counsel also will be responsible for other legal services and advice as needed based on Rimini Street’s diverse and evolving needs.
This position will report to one of two Managing Counsel for North America, who operate as team leaders for our North American commercial transactions counsel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft, review, negotiate and close a wide variety of commercial contracts with the company’s clients, suppliers, strategic partners and vendors
- Work closely with business partners in Sales, Marketing, IT, Service Delivery and other organizations within Rimini Street to successfully close transactions in a manner consistent with company’s policies and best interests
- Provide other legal services and advice to the company as needed
- Graduate of an accredited American law school and currently licensed to practice law in the employee's state of residence
Experience, Skills and Desired Attributes
- At least 5 years of relevant experience as a commercial transactions attorney in private practice, in-house, or preferably a mix of both
- Ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position, as described above and as modified from time to time based on Rimini Street’s diverse and evolving needs
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent judgment and sound decision-making
- Ability to interface professionally and effectively with all levels of personnel internally and externally, up to and including senior executives and other key personnel
- Ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively as a team player
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with a “can do” attitude and collegial, collaborative tone
- Proactive, organized, self-motivated and self-disciplined work ethic, with the ability to re-prioritize in “real time” when faced with competing pressures and demands on time
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, emerging tech company environment
- Experience supporting an internal sales organization strongly preferred
- Experience working for a tech company preferred
- Experience handling intellectual property and professional technology issues preferred
- Experience working remotely from a home office a plus
- Outgoing and confident personality, friendly demeanor, positive attitude and great sense of humor
- Competitive compensation, bonus, stock options and benefits
- Company pays annual professional dues/license fees and provides membership in the Association of Corporate Counsel