Description The Corporate Counsel position will support LexisNexis Risk Solutions’ Insurance business, which is a global provider of data and analytics products and services to the insurance industry. The position will require independently advising the business on matters requiring developed legal and counseling skills in multiple areas of expertise, specifically in the areas of contract negotiation, regulatory and compliance review and litigation support. Accountabilities
1. Analyze, prepare and manage modifications to drafts of complex legal documents and correspondence as part of a project team with senior attorneys and management. 2. Conduct legal review of product requirements advising of and confirming compliance with applicable laws.
3. Identify issues, conduct legal research, analyze the law, prepare memoranda, and advise internal clients regarding complex issues requiring developed skills in specified areas of expertise.
4. Provide customer dispute resolution and litigation support.
5. Respond to inquiries from regulatory agencies, customers and other third parties.
6. Anticipate and mitigate potential legal problems within the assigned business units. Develop strategies to avoid litigation and reduce potential areas of risk.
7. Review marketing materials requiring an intermediate level of expertise.
8. Manage assigned projects to completion.
9. Assist more senior attorneys and management in higher level matters, as needed.
10. Support M&A transactions, through due diligence, deal negotiation and integration phases. 11. All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications 1. J.D. degree from an accredited law school required.
2. Licensed to practice law in the state of Georgia, strongly preferred.
3. 5+ years of relevant experience in a law firm or corporate legal department is preferred. 4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Experience in handling regulatory matters, including GLB, DPPA, FCRA and HIPAA is a plus.
6. Experience in handling international legal matters is a plus. 7. Experience practicing law in the insurance industry is a plus.
8. Analytical and research skills required.