About the role
Zillow Group is looking to expand its legal team with an additional Corporate Counsel. This lawyer will be responsible for handling a broad range of legal matters, with a focus on licensing, intellectual property, product support and other issues related to data/content management in a regulated industry.
About the team
Zillow Group legal is a service-oriented team of skilled legal professionals and fun people who enjoy working in a collegial environment within an innovative, fast-paced tech and media company.
Who you are
- 4+ years’ experience structuring, drafting, and negotiating data, software licensing, professional services, SaaS, and complex commercial agreements
- 2+ years of product counseling experience, ideally advising financial institutions or FinTech companies
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, tolerate change and ambiguity, including advising on matters of first impression
- Confident self-starter with strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- JD with state bar admission
The ideal candidate will have substantive experience handling regulatory, compliance and legal issues faced by FinTech, financial institutions or other regulated industries, ideally in the mortgages space. This candidate will also have experience with complex technology transactions and financial services matters. Experience working with clients on federal and state regulatory licenses and applications, compliance matters, privacy, and cyber security is also a major plus.