Salesforce seeks to hire a pro-active, business-oriented, and tech-savvy attorney to serve as product counsel supporting our marketing products. The attorney will partner directly with executives, developers, and product managers to provide strategic legal counsel and thought leadership on issues from development through launch and distribution. The attorney will play an important role in shaping policies and processes to help the legal department scale as Salesforce continues to grow, and to drive important compliance initiatives relating to product development, privacy, and data protection.
- Provide guidance to executives, engineers and product managers on issues related to new and existing services, products, and features throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Serve as a resident expert and resource on issues related to SaaS product lifecycle and data protection as these topics relate to Salesforce's marketing products and services.
- Review and negotiate complex agreements with service providers and technology partners, as well as advise executive leadership and product management on such transactions.
- Provide strategic and timely client training on relevant issues.
- Build cross-functional relationships with business teams as well as other members of the legal department.
- Juris Doctor degree and admitted to practice in at least one US jurisdiction required.
- 4+ years combined experience in law firm and/or in-house legal department, preferably in the technology industry, with significant transactional and product counseling experience.
- Familiar with key regulatory requirements in the SaaS space, including privacy and data protection issues.
- Substantive expertise in laws governing marketing and advertising law (e.g., TCPA, CAN-SPAM Act, GDPR, CCPA, E-Privacy).
- Substantive expertise in laws governing cookies and other tracking technologies.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly responsive with a service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage a high-volume workload in a fast-based and demanding work environment.
- Sound and practical business judgment.
- Collaborative team player combined with ability to work independently.