Job Category Legal
Salesforce seeks to hire a proactive, business-oriented, and tech-savvy attorney to serve as SaaS product counsel supporting Salesforce's B2B Product teams.The attorney will directly counsel developers and product managers within Salesforce's technology organization, providing legal support for product development and associated data usage, security, privacy, intellectual property, commercial contract and compliance issues. The attorney will play an important role in shaping policies and processes to help the legal department scale as Salesforce continues to grow, and to drive important compliance initiatives relating to product development, privacy, and data protection.This exciting position will be based in Salesforce's San Francisco, California office or our Bellevue, Washington office.
- Provide guidance to executives, engineers and product managers on issues related to new and existing services, products, and features throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Review and negotiate complex agreements with service providers and technology partners, as well as advise executive leadership and product management on such transactions.
- Service as a resident expert and resource on issues related to SaaS product lifecycle, and privacy and data protection as these topics relate to Salesforce's platform, products, and services.
- Provide strategic and timely client counseling and training on relevant issues.
- Build cross-functional relationships with business teams as well as other members of the legal department.
- Juris Doctor degree and admitted to practice in at least one US jurisdiction required (CA preferred)
- 5+ years combined experience in law firm and/or in-house legal department, preferably in the technology industry, with significant relevant transactional and product counseling experience.
- Expertise with public cloud architecture SaaS deployment models.
- Familiar with key regulatory requirements in the SaaS space, including open source licensing practices and privacy and data protection issues.
- High work quality and precision, and able to resolve time sensitive issues with a high degree of precision and exhibit strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal clients.
- Sound and practical business judgment. Comfortable as the primary legal adviser to multiple product and engineering groups.
- Collaborative team player combined with ability to work independently.
- Sense of humor.
- Product counseling in-house experience at a technology company.
- M&A experience.
- Technical background (computer science background highly desired).
- Substantive expertise in the laws governing data residency and encryption export compliance.
- Substantive expertise in international cybersecurity regulatory regimes.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP).