In a constantly changing world, we work together with our people, clients and communities to enable them to fulfill their potential to do great things. We believe that by bringing everyone together, we can solve problems using innovative technology that can create a world that is sustainable and secure. At NTT, we encourage you to remain continuously curious, as that is what keeps you fast, flexible and relevant. No two days will be the same but that is what will help you grow and realize your full potential.
The power is in your hands to do great things. It’s time to lead the change, be the authentic you, to solve difficult challenges, to set the pace of change and to unleash your potential.
Want to be a part of our team?
The Corporate Counsel manages complex client deals, which includes structuring, drafting and negotiating technology and telecommunication agreements, including master services agreements, software licensing, professional services, hardware, maintenance and support and complex outsourcing agreements. The position will also entail dealing with a variety of commercial and customer issues and generally handling the assorted business/legal questions that arise. The remaining time will be spent on a mixture of M&A, litigation management, regulatory and compliance issues, HR/employment, corporate governance, data protection and real estate issues.Working at NTT
- Bachelor’s degree & Law school degree (JD) required
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role (commercial or legal) within a global organization and/or law firm.
- Experience working within a global environment and coordinating information across multiple regions
- Provide legal counsel and commercial support on complex client deals and/or vendor proposals.
- Independently manages legal matters with minimal oversight
- Responsible for negotiating technology and telecommunications transactions
- Responsible for drafting and facilitating contracts, SOW’s and RFP’s to closure.
- Supervise outside Counsel.
- Handle general legal issues in the areas of technology, IP, M&A, real estate, employment, data protection, regulatory and compliance, and a wide breadth of other corporate work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What will make you a good fit for the role?
- Possess expert knowledge and experience on key legal trends that impact business and case law
- Possess sound knowledge and understanding of IT industry environment and business needs
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and professionalism
- Possess good commercial acumen and skilled at making decisions
- Display a proactive approach
- Excellent attention to detail and planning and organizing skills
- Demonstrate the ability to provide sound legal advice
- Possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to present information clearly and succinctly
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships
- Possess the ability to influence and negotiate with good strategic understanding
- Demonstrate the ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders and colleagues at all levels
- Possess the ability to work in high-pressure situations
- Demonstrate the ability to establish and manage processes and practices through collaboration and the understanding of business
- Demonstrate the ability to manage urgent and complex tasks simultaneously