ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Company is seeking a full-time transactional real estate and corporate counsel. The successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing real estate transactions, corporate matters, and private equity offerings, including:
- Assisting in all aspects of acquisitions and dispositions, financings, ordering due diligence, preparing closing documents, drafting of resolutions/consents and maintenance of the Company's legal files and various related tasks.
- Drafting and submitting formation documents and other corporate filings, annual filings, dissolutions, working with external attorneys retained by the Company from time to time.
- Assembling closing documents and preparing closing binders.
- Assisting in document management, including organizing and maintaining electronic files.
- Performs other duties as necessary for the efficient functioning of the Legal Department and Company.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 years' experiencesupporting real estate transactions and general corporate work.
- Candidate must be comfortable with handling multiple transactions simultaneously.
- Candidate must possess sound analytical and critical thinking abilities upon which advanced skills could be developed with additional time and experience;
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, including performing duties accurately and in a timely manner;
- Ability to work independently and identify potentially more effective methods of work operation;
- Very strong communication skills (verbal and written), ability to take direction and work effectively with minimal supervision;
- Advanced skills with Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to quickly master a variety of software platforms and electronic filing systems;
- Juris Doctorate is required.