Reporting to the General Counsel, the Corporate Counsel directs the contracting process and activities, including the negotiation and interpretation of all sales agreements between the Company and its clients. The Corporate Counsel also will go beyond sales interactions to help the company assess risks across a variety of areas and drive change. A successful Corporate Counsel will be a strong business partner for the company and will collaborate with the business leaders to find creative solutions to problems while mitigating legal and compliance risk.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Negotiates new client, vendor, and partner contracts and opines on existing contracts.
- Assists with M&A due diligence and integration.
- Provides cross-functional legal and compliance assistance to other departments, especially if one has a background in areas such as employment law or data privacy.
- Reviews and analyzes complex business issues to provide recommendations to senior management.
- Works with the sales department to prioritize and facilitate timely resolution of client contract issues.
- Advises on and drafts or revises policy and procedure documents to assist with the achievement of company objectives.
Requirements & Skills:Strong transactional and negotiation skills.
- Strong business decision-making skills and the ability to function independently and give risk-optimized legal advice.
- Ability to lead project teams to help achieve company objectives.
- Excellent administrative management, interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues – excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to interact effectively and directly with all levels and departments within the company and with customers.
- 2+ years of attorney experience, preferably in a corporate environment
- Contracting experience within the software field preferred
- Holds a J.D. degree from an accredited law school.
- Admitted to and in good standing with a state bar. Preference for Texas-licensed attorneys.