Our client is over a billion dollars in size and is a global leader in the development of natural ingredients for the food, beverage, dietary supplements and agricultural industry! This innovative company has a presence in over 30 countries. They pride themselves on developing and rewarding their employees and value their family-like culture. We are seeking an ambitious and professionally strong Corporate Counsel for their Legal Affairs Department in North America. You will report directly to the Vice President and Regional General Counsel – Americas, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Your primary responsibility will be to drive contract administration and support legal and regulatory compliance in North America, including:
- Working with staff in Legal & Regulatory Affairs in the Americas in close collaboration with the Global Legal Team; areas include sales, sourcing, engineering, research and development, real estate and disputes and litigation management.
- Advising, drafting, negotiating, reviewing and executing all contracts applicable to North America and ensuring proper administration of those contracts.
- Advising on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different deals.
- Providing corporate commercial legal work in North America, including maintenance of corporate documentation for the North America legal entities.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements relevant to the business of the company.
- Assisting with execution of corporate compliance programs and training in the areas of anticorruption, competition law, data protection, code of conduct, etc.
- Providing guidance, training and coaching to the organization to ensure good legal and regulatory awareness in the organization.
- Researching and anticipating unique legal issues that could impact the company.
- Working with and managing outside legal counsel in North America.
- You have a Law Degree (JD), are licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and are in good standing with the State Bar of Wisconsin.
- You have at least 5 years of commercial legal experience, with a strong focus on contract review and drafting in the areas of distribution, sales, intellectual property and sourcing.
- You are result-oriented, proactive and desire to be part of a "winning team".
- You are an excellent communicator and networker and are proficient in reading, writing and speaking English.
- You are analytically strong, thrive on challenges and demand high quality performance of yourself and your team.
- You are able to travel15 days per year.
- Food, biotech, or pharmaceutical industry experience an asset but not a requirement.
- Combination of law firm experience and international business experience.
- Undergraduate in science, business or accounting.