POSITION FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Draft, revise and negotiate various commercial agreements, including marketing, promotional, and production agreements, advertising insertion orders, operations agreements, intercompany agreements, and others.
- Provide legal support for contests, sweepstakes and otherpromotions including drafting and revising accompanying rules and disclosures.
- Review advertising copy and provide advice regarding compliance with FTC guides, CASL, CAN-SPAM and other laws and regulations affecting our industry.
- Work closely with internal marketing and business teams to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Assist in administration of corporate policies and procedures, such as vendor security, privacy compliance, and contract approval.
- Assist in supporting international/emerging markets business groups with local law compliance and marketing contracts.
- Work with internal and outside counsel to establish, maintain and protect the global trademarks portfolio, including defending challenges and challenging infringing marks and domains.
- Provide other legal support as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- JD; licensed to practice law in California.
- 4-8years’ experience, with top law firm and/or in house legal department experiencepreferred.
- Strong fact-finding, drafting, negotiating, writing, and research skills.
- Experience in US marketing law, data privacy, intellectual property, digital media, advertising, and internet industry; familiarity with the international corollaries of these laws a plus.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, as well as impeccable attention to detail, strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Able to manage competing expectations, be nimble, prioritize effectively and deliver high-quality, error-free work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strategic thinker and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- The leadership acumen and credibility to inspire confidence among business clients in a high growth business.