- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts, including licensing agreements, vendor agreements, service agreements, contractor agreements, and marketing agreements.
- Advise cross-functional stakeholders on all legal matters, including service and production development.
- Work closely with members of the business teams to develop and improve forms, processes, and procedures.
- Review media productions with an eye toward intellectual property and licensing issues.
- Assist with other legal matters across multiple topic areas.
- Manage outside counsel on intellectual property, litigation, employment, and real estate matters from time to time.
- 4+ years legal experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department.
- JD from top law school, admitted to IL State Bar.
- Expertise in drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts, including sales, marketing, and licensing agreements.
- Enthusiasm to balance business strategy with legal risk.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey legal advice to internal business stakeholders.
- A collaborative, fast-paced style with the ability to work autonomously.
- Prior in-house experience.
- Experience in a marketing or agency environment.
- Experience with production and licensing.
- Experience with privacy and security compliance.
- Experience with employment/human resources support.