The global Renesas Legal Division supports the teams that develop, produce, promote, and sell exciting technology solutions. We are seeking a member to join our team in Milpitas, California. This person will report to the head of U.S. Legal but, like all members of the Renesas Legal Division, will support both local and global deals and projects. The successful candidate will be a driven and adaptable team player with sound judgment and a passion for working with technology and the people who develop it.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of agreements including sales agreements, services agreements, intellectual property agreements, and partnership agreements.
- Provide advice to business teams on a range of legal topics relating to existing and newly developed products, including intellectual property, privacy, marketing, competition, and other legal and regulatory areas.
- Collaborate with global legal teams to develop and implement best practices and policies, for example in the areas of contracting, licensing, and compliance.
- Assist with special projects at all levels of the Renesas group of companies.
- 4 – 6 years of relevant experience with a Juris Doctor from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association. Litigators looking to transition to a commercial and product in-house role are welcome to apply.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Keen attention to detail, ability to work independently, and excellent organizational skills.
- Good judgment with an understanding of when to ask for guidance or input.
- Solid understanding of the difference between remote and real risks.
- Cooperative attitude and an affinity for working with others to get the job done.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English, Japanese proficiency strongly preferred.
- California bar admission.