Provides research, factual information, counsel and guidance on legal questions or issues, usually in support of specific lines of business or departments. Identifies and analyzes legal issues and provides advice to clients on routine legal matters that are usually characterized by clear legal/ business precedent. Will work under general supervision and is responsible for dealing with moderately complex legal matters.
- Drafts, reviews, memoranda and initial drafts of legal documents and revises legal documents and concise written materials. Provides full, sound, ethical and prompt legal service and opinions to clients in relation to laws and regulations in the client''s line of business.
- Produces clear and concise written materials that can be submitted to the customer with minimal or no revision or review by a more senior attorney. Identifies and analyzes more complex or novel matters which have no clear legal/business precedent or have different possible interpretations; develops conclusions, makes recommendations, and provides reliable advice.
- Assigns the appropriate degree of importance to issues and can formulate and carry out research and investigative strategies. Supervises preparation of the defense in litigation; assesses and advises clients on litigation risks in one or more assigned departments or units of the organization; works with outside counsel to develop the defense, briefs and guides them and supervises their work.
- Works directly with business clients and develops an understanding of business unit needs and products. Contributes advice and counsel on policy and procedures. May oversee the work of one or more legal assistants, paralegals, or associate attorneys.
- Counsels management whenever legally unsound decisions or plans are being made or when changes in the law occur. Work assignments consist of major legal tasks involving problems of recognized complexity and facts that are occasionally in question, for which considerable legal judgment, experience and independent reasoning is required.
Juris Doctor (J.D.) in Law required with Two (2) years of related experience. Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.
Preferred: None preferred
At BBVA, we believe that having a team made up of people with different ways of viewing the world and of taking on each challenge makes us a better bank. That is why we actively support diversity and inclusion, and we invite you to apply, regardless of your race, gender, age, sexual orientation, country of origin, experience, studies, etc.
We nurture a collaborative and inclusive work environment that enables us to show and develop the best we each have to offer.