Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve. Our forward-thinking approach prioritizes collaboration, agility, and continuous learning in service of our long-term vision. This has helped us drive significant innovation in a complex, slow-moving industry, and our talented team is looking for impact-minded individuals to join us as we continue to reimagine the healthcare experience.
Zocdoc is seeking a Corporate Counsel - Health Law to contribute to our transactional, strategy and compliance initiatives. Reporting to the General Counsel and working very closely with various cross-functional teams, this person will work on agreements with various healthcare entities, contribute to strategy, and lead healthcare compliance initiatives in developing policies, procedures and trainings.
What you’ll do:
- Review, revise and negotiate various agreements with health care entities, as well as general commercial agreements.
- Interpret contracts, federal and state legal regulations, and address healthcare compliance matters.
- Initiate and develop healthcare compliance initiatives.
- Provide high-quality legal and strategic advice to a diverse client base regarding the full spectrum of healthcare and commercial contracting issues.
- Serve as subject-matter expert with our internal stakeholders.
- Work on cross-functional teams with a problem-solving approach.
- Monitor developments in relevant areas of the law by keeping current on legal literature, networking with other attorneys, and attending conferences and seminars.
- Contribute to other legal team responsibilities as needed.
- Subject matter expertise with healthcare regulations, including HIPAA.
- Transactional and commercial contractexperience, particularly interacting with healthcare entities.
- 4-6 years of experience at a top law firm, and/or in a top health law practice.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills.
- Highly-motivated, efficient and organized.
- Able to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment, both collaborating on a team and working independently to get the job done.
- JDdegree with excellent academic credentials.
- Bonus points for prior in-house experience in healthcare or life sciences.