The ideal person will navigate contracts with ease, collaborate with our Sales, Account Management, Accounting, and Security teams, and welcome the dynamic environment that comes with a growing company. If you're passionate about helping us take our Legal function to the next level, this may be the role for you!
Who will love this job:
- A problem-solver; you won't back down from any question sent your way, whether it's from a client, vendor, agency or internal team, and you understand when appropriate escalation is needed.
- A meticulous communicator; you know the importance of specificity and detail when it comes to contractual language, and you possess the excellent written and verbal communication skills to deliver this.
- A people person; you love building relationships and can establish yourself as the go-to legal expert within any cross-functional team. You're the ideal combination of ambitious and humble; no task is too small for you to tackle.
- A juggler; you can manage multiple priorities and set frameworks for how to execute them effectively within their deadlines.
- A champion of sound judgment; you make decisions and provide guidance based on not only your legal background but also reasoning that aligns with the company's sense of ethics, integrity and pragmatism.
What you'll do:
- Negotiate, draft and revise contracts for sales transactions in partnership with key stakeholders within the sales organization, among other groups.
- Manage contractual relationships with vendors, and lead and streamline other routine contract negotiation processes.
- Support the Legal team on ad hoc projects related to emerging regulatory issues / policies / processes.
- Keep up to date on legal developments that affect our industry and support future initiatives accordingly.
You Should have:
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts, preferably within an in-house legal department
- Experience working tech / SaaS space, preferred
- Familiarity with data privacy issues relevant to the industry (GDPR, CCPA, etc.)
- Ability to exercise integrity, prioritize appropriately, and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- JD degree and admission to a state bar
- Excellent research and writing capabilities, as well as interpersonal skills
- Your own unique talents! If you don't meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you'd be a great fit for this role in your cover letter