We're looking for anexperienced legal professional to join our team as CorporateCounsel. The ideal candidate will have significantexperience drafting and negotiating complex SaaS and professional services agreements with globalenterprises andpartnering with relevantinternal stakeholders to close deals. If you like taking initiative, drivingprocesses, making an impact, and are excited to roll up your sleeves, wewant to hear from you!
- Draft, review, and negotiate complex SaaS and professional services agreements with global enterprises and any other type of commercial agreements or order forms as needed
- Partner with relevant internal stakeholders, including sales, customer success, marketing, finance, operations, IT, and security, to drive negotiations to reduce contract cycle time
- Assist in establishing internal corporate and legal policies and compliance programs and modify current company agreements/forms/legal playbook to streamline the deal desk process and produce consistency across agreements
- Provide deep knowledge of data privacy/governance, cybersecurity, and IP and develop relevant strategy around risk mitigation
- Perform other legal responsibilities and provide general business and legal advice to all departments as needed
- Strong academic background and J.D. from highly-regarded school. Must be an active member of California or New York bar
- 10+ years of experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating complex enterprise SaaS and professional services agreements with global enterprises in a fast-paced environment. Both law firm and in-house experiencepreferred
- Significant experience in compliance, data security, privacy, and intellectual property matters in addition to patent, trademark, and data protection laws
- Independent, self-motivated individual with a great work ethic and an ability to deliver in a demanding and entrepreneurial environment in a timely manner
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical, process improvement skills, and attention to detail with a proven track record of effectively managing the escalation path of key legal and commercial issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a positive, service-oriented attitude. Proven ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- High ethical standards with demonstrated experience handling highly sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to multi-task as well as prioritize and adhere to tight deadlines
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.