Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun
About the team
The FIS Legal team is comprised of approximately 200 attorneys and paraprofessionals worldwide who enjoy being an advisor to and partner with our businesses to help the company achieve its goals. We work collaboratively with each other and with our business colleagues to solve problems in an effective and pragmatic manner. We view our role as one of supporting our business leaders in a variety of legal matters, and we strive to assist our businesses in meeting their objectives with sound, reasonable and well-considered legal counsel
What you will be doing:
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating, software license agreements, ASP agreements, managed service agreements, professional services agreements, joint marketing agreements, distribution agreements, revenue sharing agreements, nondisclosure agreements and other agreements with clients of FIS and its affiliates.
- Identifying and escalating relevant legal and business issues that arise during the contract preparation and negotiation process.
- Directly interacting on a regular basis with senior operations, finance and sales executives of the firm’s various business units.
- Providing general and specialized support to assigned business units, including assistance in the preparation of product templates, master agreements, Statements of Work, responses to Requests for Proposals and responses to legal and regulatory inquiries affecting the firm and its clients.
- Assisting in special projects, such as negotiation of vendor agreements and acquisition due diligence.
- Performing other types of legal services as may be assigned to support the operation of FIS’ businesses.
What you should bring:
- Juris Doctor from an ABA accredited law school.
- Currently licensed to practice law in the U.S.
- Prior experience in software, technology or financial services is desirable.
- Team player mentality with strong drafting and negotiation skills.
- Excellent business judgment, as well as the ability to prioritize workflow and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work both independently and cross-functionally are essential.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong legal background that includes some combination of transactional, litigation and commercial negotiation experience in a law firm or as part of a prior in-house experience.
- Target candidates must be enthusiastic, diligent and demonstrate sound judgment in face of challenging and sometimes competing demands.
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The opportunity to work with a dedicated, close-knit group of talented attorneys in the emerging and evolving space of technology and financial services.
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect.