We have an immediate opening in either our Bloomington or Peoria office for a Corporate Counsel. Qualified candidates will serve as the primary contact point for information gathering and handling of claims, dispute resolution and litigation.
Additional Job Responsibilities include:
- Review, prepare and assist in negotiation of client and subcontractor agreements, corporate and JV agreements, leases and other contractual matters.
- Assist Project Managers with better understanding contract language, contract negotiation and compliance.
- Interface with CEO and CFO to recommend and determine strategy related to various legal matters.
- Assist CFO in development and implementation of professional services risk management strategies including policies, insurance, Company agreements and training.
- Provide oversight of corporate business registrations and firm licensure.
- Work with Project Managers, CFO and Accounting personnel on collection matters.
- Participate in acquisition process and take primary responsibility for drafting related contractual documents and maintaining documentation.
- Assist VP of HR with employment law matters and review significant policies for compliance with laws and regulations.
- Assist CFO and Board Secretary with annual stock offering and provide counsel on all shareholder related policies and documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Specific Requirements include:
- Juris Doctorate (JD) Degree
- At least one State Bar admission (active/good standing)
- Minimum of three years post-bar professional experience
- Experience with professional services risk management, strongly preferred
- Strong business acumen, problem solving abilities and good judgement
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with all levels of management and clients
- Excellent computer skills, oral and written communication
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program that includes:
- Medical/Dental Plans
- Prescription Drug Program
- Vision Plan
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Time-off Benefits