Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world! Life at F5 is never dull. For over 20 years, we have been the industry leader in application delivery, and today, we are helping our customers thrive in the new cloud future. The world’s largest enterprises, service providers, financial and educational institutions, government entities, and consumer brands rely on F5 to stay ahead of security, cloud, and mobility trends.
But our success is not driven solely by what we do. We also care deeply about how we do it. Our culture is how we live, every single day, and it’s producing excellent results—not only for our customers but also for our employees. We understand that your life is about more than just work, so we are committed to a culture that supports your whole life. If what you’ve read so far reminds you of yourself, keep reading and send us your resume because we are currently searching for an excellent Corporate Counsel to join our team!
As Corporate Counsel, you will manage and mitigate F5’s legal risks and exposures, with a primary focus on F5’s Shape, Silverline, and Volterra business units comprising F5’s Security Product Group (collectively, the “Company”), while providing timely and accurate legal advice for the sales, services, and product development teams.
- Contract administration, including the drafting, review, and negotiation of various commercial and technology transaction agreements, including, but not limited to sales, license, services, consulting, reseller, OEM and distributor agreements
- Administer corporate legal activities to protect the Company’s interests
- Provide professional legal interpretations and recommendations to Company personnel
- Reporting to the Senior Director, Legal, assist the EVP and General Counsel with administrative and legal matters, including the planning, organizing and managing of work activities assigned to the Company’s Corporate Counsel and other members of the legal department
- Prepare, review and negotiate other legal documents
- Uphold F5’s Business Code of Ethics and promptly report violations of the Code or other company policies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Substantial knowledge of and experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating various technology agreements, including sales, license, services, consulting, reseller, OEM, NDA, alliance, open-source, SaaS, and distributor contracts and other agreements commonly used in the high-tech industry, required
- Knowledge of data protection and data privacy laws and regulations including applicable U.S. and EU privacy statutes, required
- Ability to negotiate complex agreements and communicate effectively with sales professionals as well as attorneys and purchasing managers of customers is critical
- Excellent negotiation and written and oral communication skills required
- Knowledge of intellectual property law and related transactions (including with respect to open-source software), preferred
- Knowledge of international sales and licensing agreements and revenue recognition principals beneficial
- Law degree and 5-8 years of business law experience or equivalent experience with complex technology agreements and matters (1-2 years in-house preferred)
- Admitted to practice in location of office preferred
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous paid vacation time, paid holidays and paid maternity and paternity leave
- 401K with company match
- Work/life integration programs like Freedom to Flex, dynamic employee inclusion groups, a comprehensive mentoring program, rewards/recognition, and more
- Quarterly Zoom Out Days to focus on personal and professional growth
- Global Good initiatives like employee matching, volunteer opportunities, and the F5 Foundation
- Tuition assistance for professional development
- Other perks like free transit cards, free vanpools, Social Fridays, etc.
Can be located in one of multiple offices (Seattle and Spokane, WA; Salt Lake City, UT; San Jose, San Francisco or Santa Clara, CA) or remote.