Our HR Legal team believes in finding solutions, driving change, taking smart risk and creating the best possible experiences for the leaders and stakeholders we support. We coach our partners around the world to work through problems, not tell them what to do. We believe in talking and writing like real humans, not lawyers. We have a healthy dose of humility and like to think we’re funny, although that’s up for debate. We love data, dashboards and technology that makes us better at what we do.
If that sounds like the right place for you and you’re ready to do some of the most impactful work of your career, we want to talk to you.
This role sits on our HR Legal team with our Assistant General Counsel - Employment. The role works closely with other teams in our Legal and Compliance and People and Places (HR) organizations.
As an employment counsel, you will give legal advice and support for the People and Places (HR) team around the world. You will also work on employee legal disputes and our HR compliance program.
Key responsibilities include:
- Advising our HR partners on a range of employee-related issues, from pay equity questions, to complex exits to wage and hour compliance
- Tracking new HR legal developments and changes in the external environment that impact our practices and approach and translate those into concrete actions
- Providing support for and overseeing responses to employee legal claims, litigation and government audits, generally working with external counsel
- Helping drive cross-functional teams on moderate HR legal projects or work under supervision on more complex projects and implementation
- Identifying and scoping key HR legal risks for the company and develop recommendations
- Deeply understanding Intuit’s unique culture and values and bringing those into all the work we do
- Supporting and working on priorities and initiatives for the broader legal and compliance organization, including fostering a safe, ethical and inclusive work environment for Intuit’s employees
- Helping with worker-related incident management and escalations
- Supporting other legal teams on work withHR legal implications, including, for example, due diligence for acquisitions, privacy compliance and implementation, records retention
- Helping with HR legal operations, including separation agreement standards and identifying and preparing key metrics
- Coaching and teaching other paralegals, junior attorneys or program managers about Intuit’s processes, templates and tools in area of expertise
- Navigating tensions between legal requirements and business outcomes while maintaining positive relationships
- Receiving and giving feedback and coaching as needed across boundaries and functions
- 3-6+ years of employment law experience at a law firm or in-house
- Litigation experience either at an outside law firm or in house; trialexperience a plus
- Deep knowledge of HR legal concepts, terminology and principles including wage and hour and leave laws in the U.S.
- Strong preference for experiencesupporting HR compliance and providing advice to teams outside the U.S.
- Significant experienceworking with complex data and metrics for reporting, assessing risk or managing complex litigation
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including being able to identify the most relevant information to effectively influence and drive change
- Strong organization and project management skills, including preparing project plans and key milestones and managing to them
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A learner and innovator who’s never afraid to try something new, experiment and has a bias for action (try it and learn)
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment with a “can do” mentality
- Strong personal ethical code and integrity and deep respect for privacy and confidentiality
- Alignment with our Legal and Compliance Organization ethos, which requires a strong commitment and accountability to the company and each other and connecting to others with as humans and colleagues