7,000 people, one global focus - enhancing the health and well-being of pets, people, and livestock. We are passionate about what we do at IDEXX – and why wouldn’t we be? When you’re working to raise the standard of care for pets, make drinking water safe for billions and keep our livestock population around the globe healthy and free of disease, it’s no wonder that what we do each day is more than just a job. There’s an energy across IDEXX that is contagious – where caring and committed people come together to make things better.
As a member of the Corporate and Securities team reporting to the Chief Corporate and Securities Counsel, you will perform a wide range of legal activities to support the work of the Corporate Secretary and the Company’s engagement with stockholders and investors. The Corporate Counsel will work closely with other Legal team members, as well as members of other functional and business teams, on a day-to-day basis to identify, analyze and propose solutions to legal issues and to manage programs. Manage certain Corporate Secretary programs, including with respect to board communications and director education. Advise and counsel the Finance and Investor Relations teams with respect to periodic and financial reporting, earnings releases and investor conferences. Support subsidiary-related matters, including intercompany transactions, intercompany contracts and maintenance matters. Work with other members of the Corporate and Securities team, ensures compliance with US securities laws and regulations and NASDAQ requirements. Develop an understanding of Company’s business operations and ongoing related legal issues – as well as the corporate governance and legal landscape and trends – in order to proactively identify and mitigate legal risks. Providing solution-based advice and counsel, work with and supervise outside counsel on various legal matters as appropriate. Assist the broader legal team in managing general commercial transactions, international law, litigation and other matters as needed. Maintain knowledge of industry, legal and regulatory developments that affect the Company and informs management as appropriate.
The Corporate Counsel must have experience in the following areas:
- ’33 Act and ’34 Act filings, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K, and working with Finance team members and independent auditors on such filings.
- Compliance with US securities law and NASDAQ requirements, including advising on compliance with Regulation FD and Regulation G.
In addition, experience in the following areas is preferred:
- Public company corporate secretarial support, including support for the board of directors and corporate governance matters.
- Subsidiary governance and maintenance at global multinational corporations.
- To be successful in this role, you will need 3+ yrs of relevant experience within law firm or in-house (combination of both is preferred). A J.D. and current bar membership in good standing required. You will be an agile learner who is self-aware, curious and inquisitive, adaptable to change and seeks learning and growth opportunities. Comfortable with complexity and ambiguity and highly organized with strong project management skills. Good communication and presentation skills with the ability to build strong relationships cross-functionally. An influencer who can gain commitment and support for decisions and to motivate the organization to support changes and other initiatives. Self-starter, with team mind-set, and ability to work independently, initiate, coordinate and lead projects and meet deadlines within a changing, fast-paced environment. Excellent problem solving skills, sound judgment and someone who pays close attention to details. A Strategic-thinker, goal-oriented, and ability to handle difficult issues in a professional, assertive and proactive manner.
You will have the ability to travel occasionally and relocate to beautiful Maine!
Job Id 102888