Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Workday is seeking a technology lawyer with 5-7 years legal experience to join our growing Go-to-Market (GTM) legal team based in Pleasanton, CA. The Corporate Counsel, Commercial Technology Transactions will support a highly valued and rapidly growing business function focused on renewal and expansion transactions. This lawyer’s primary responsibility will be to support this growing sales team while partnering effectively with deals management, sales operations and legal operations. He or she will also be a member of a legal team guiding our legal strategy and enablement efforts.
- Drive a high volume of valuable technology transactions, which will include negotiation and drafting of data processing and professional services agreements, assignments and amendments
- Provide proactive strategic advice regarding business and legal issues and risks
- Assist in implementing legal efficiencies to support the customer base business vertical and improve our contract processes and operations in that segment
- Help to create and improve contract templates and negotiation playbooks and provide internal training to sales, sales operations and legal operations
- Work closely with GTM leadership, sales, deals management and legal operations on strategic initiatives in support of all business verticals and customer-facing transactions
You will need:
- 5-7 years of law firm and/or in-house legal experience, with at least 3 years focused on negotiation of high-value technology transactions, preferably with a recognized technology company
- JD from a well-recognized U.S. law school and license to practice in California
- Experience in SaaS, cloud computing, enterprise software and data privacy matters
- To function well in an environment that is focused intensely on customer satisfaction
- To connect effectively with sales colleagues on fast-paced, customer-facing transactions
- Competency as a critical thinker and proactive problem solver, with a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get into the details and drive creative solutions
- To demonstrate exceptional judgment and integrity with the ability to think strategically and give practical advice, considering the legal and business objectives
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple transactions and projects while under pressure
- To remain adaptable in a rapidly changing environment
- To be a strong team player who can work well with business colleagues in sales, deals management, product, finance and other functional groups
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- To be committed to your personal growth and development by actively seeking feedback and responding with action
- A good sense of humor