Corporate Counsel, Commercial and Healthcare Transactions work closely and collaboratively with company’s U.S. and international sales, supply chain, IT, clinical operations, R&D, finance, and business development teams to support a broad range of commercial, transactions. This is a mid-level transactional attorney position, although Company encourages employees to take on additional assignments and projects that interest them and they are capable of.
The Company has a fast-paced environment, requiring a nimble lawyer who can focus on key risks and provide clear, focused, actionable advice.
- Independently draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of commercial and research collaboration contracts, including vendor agreements, software license agreements, distributorship agreements, services agreements, manufacturer/ supplier agreements, data processing agreements, consulting agreements research collaboration agreements, etc.
- Support senior level attorneys in providing general legal advice and strategy on vendor contracting management, international operations and GDPR compliance.
- Appropriately manage a heavy workflow, setting priorities with internal clients and meeting deliverable timelines.
- Provide ongoing assistance with training related to, monitoring and improving compliance with the Legal Department’s policies and procedures.
- Liaise with internal clients and respond to inquiries regarding contracts and other matters, as assigned.
- Learn and contribute to the ongoing development of the Legal Department “playbook” for contract negotiations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- JD required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in reviewing, drafting, negotiating and finalizing commercial contracts, including complex arrangements independently with little or no supervision
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable:
- Healthcare transactions
- Clinical study agreements
- IP and software license agreements
- Cross-border commercial transactions and distributorship agreements
- Research collaboration agreements
- Payor agreements
- Strong analytical, communication and written skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and business acumen
- Ability to multi-task
- Agility; ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- High levels of initiative, confidence and ability to appropriately influence others
- Demonstrated high ethical behavior
- Strong technology skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Duties are typically performed in an office setting. This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times.