Job Title: Corporate Counsel - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Chelmsford, MA / Sunnyvale, CA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- This position will be part of a multi-national legal team that negotiates a wide range of contracts for the company and its affiliated entities.
- This Corporate Counsel will focus on assisting a rapidly evolving emergent business sector, Products & Platforms.
- Reporting to the Vice President, Head of the Products and Platforms this individual will provide internal legal advice as well as customer-facing support to management and members of the Products & Platforms team.
- Work with clients to proactively identify contractrisks and ensure appropriate risk mitigation strategies and compliance with company policies and strategy.
- Support business leaders in reviewing, structuring, drafting, and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts related to the Products & Platforms line of business, such as customer services agreements and statements of work, vendor and procurement agreements, technology licenses, reseller and partnership agreements and other matters tied to customers, in light of internal policies, standard operating procedures and applicable laws.
- Conduct legal research on contracting issues.
- Conduct legal reviews and advise business groups regarding compliance and regulatory matters, including, but not limited to international trade and export restrictions, data privacy, and related matters.
- 8-12 years prior legal career experience in a law firm or in-house legal department is sought, but will consider more or less experience depending on other factors, such as if said experience is outsourcing-, services-, or software-specific.
- At least three years of information technology and/or intellectual property contracting experience, including outsourced services.
- Understanding of laws and regulations impacting the contracting of commercial IT services, especially laws regarding data privacy and protection.
- Capacity to work independently, without much supervision, but also to work as a team player, meeting group goals and objectives.
- Ability to develop and foster respectful relationships across the organization and at all managerial levels.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a sense of humor, unquestionable ethics and integrity, and an ability to "see the big picture".
- High degree of organization, efficiency, flexibility, and the ability to multitask across many deals.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills (including presentations).
- Juris Doctorate (JD) from an accredited U.S. law school or equivalent law degree from an international legal education institution, with strong academic credentials.
- The candidate must be, or eligible to be, licensed in good standing to practice law within the United States jurisdiction of hire.