About the Company: AppDirect is the cloud service commerce leader making software and products accessible globally. The AppDirect cloud service commerce platform unites providers, developers and consumers of cloud services into a single ecosystem. This makes it easy for businesses to find, buy and manage cloud services from a central location and delivers new opportunities for providers to distribute, sell, and market cloud services. AppDirect-powered marketplaces, billing and distribution, and reselling services help providers – including Telstra, Deutsche Telekom, ADP and others – connect millions of business users to solutions from Microsoft, Google, Box, DocuSign and more. About the Role:Our team is focused on helping AppDirect grow and scale while safeguarding its interests. AppDirect is seeking two sharp, humble, and resilient attorneys to join the team. Depending upon theexperience of the candidate, these individuals will join as corporate counsel or senior corporate counsel and will be primarily focused on independently structuring and negotiating sophisticated technology transactions with AppDirect’s global customers base, as well as providing legal advice on a wide range of domestic and foreign issues, including intellectual property, data privacy, and corporate matters.
- Terrific work ethic -- possess a high degree of emotional intelligence, an exceptional work ethic, and the poise, presence and integrity to earn the trust and confidence of colleagues and AppDirect’s partners and customers.
- Successful self-starter -- extremely proactive and energetic, with the desire to hit the ground running each day and the ability to independently own matters.
- Get stuff done -- excited about the role and being a key contributor to the team; enjoys working hard, putting in the requisite hours and has the focus to get things done.
- A sharp mind -- possess natural curiosity and must be highly analytical, capable of questioning assumptions and making judgments with an open mind and based upon facts.
- Strong communication skills -- possess excellent written and oral communication skills, with a close attention to detail and a keen understanding of the audience.
- Business minded -- ability to proactively analyze risks and provide business-minded advice and recommendations to thoughtfully drive AppDirect’s continued success and growth.
- Fun -- possess a good sense of humor and a team-first mentality.
What you’ll do and how you’ll make an impact:
- Regularly collaborate with business executives and team members from all the business units and functional areas, including sales, product, marketing, engineering and finance, on a broad range of complex legal, business and strategic issues.
- Draft, negotiate and review complex commercial transactions, subscription and professional services agreements in connection with the provision of AppDirect’s SaaS platform services to customers and partners.
- Prepare and negotiate commercial contracts with vendors, consultants and service providers.
- Review and resolve legal issues that arise in various commercial relationships.
- Assure compliance with applicable legal requirements related to AppDirect’s operations and activities, in particular, those relating to data privacy.
- Assist with implementation and enforcement of AppDirect’s corporate compliance program, support employee training and development programs related to legal issues.
What you’ll need:
- Law degree with a strong academic record, and membership in at least one state bar.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience advising clients in structuring complex commercial transactions.
- Experience with SaaS and PaaS models and related legal, technical and business issues required.
- Extensive background in drafting SaaS subscription agreements, contracts, and intellectual property agreements.
- Experience with EU data privacy requirements is a plus.
- Extremely strong organizational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities under deadline pressure.